Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Who Does Your Taxes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488933)

monkeyscience 02-05-2013 09:23 AM

Who Does Your Taxes?

Just curious, after some of the posts in the Tax Refund thread. Who does the taxes at your house?

I hope the options aren't too confusing - I know not all our DS members are female, and I'm kind of curious about the male/female breakdown.

At our house, it's mostly me. Some years dh looks over them with me after I've done the majority of the work.

Aubrey<3Gavin 02-05-2013 09:34 AM

Re: Who Does Your Taxes?

DH doesn't really know anything about our finances. It is actually kinda bad and I should at last print out a list of bills due on what date and when/how much we get paid, etc... just in case I was sick or something and he needed to take care of something. I didn't realize how oblivious he was until a few months ago when I asked him to look up something for us and he said, "blah blah...oh and here is $xxx that was deposited. What's that from?" Ummm...that's my paycheck. :thud:

Rockinmama24 02-05-2013 09:34 AM

Me, always me.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MeCo7707 02-05-2013 09:38 AM

I put other, when I had my own business we hired a professional, but in recent years dh has done them, if I go back to working we will hire a professional again. W-2's are pretty easy but when running my own business we both feel better with a cpa or someone similar

Mama*Kim 02-05-2013 09:39 AM

Me. DH acts like its the SATs. He second guesses himself through the questions and makes it way too difficult. I'm much more comfortable doing them.

Kiliki 02-05-2013 09:39 AM

me. I've always done it. But I handle all the finances for our household. So it makes sense. My DH only had to do his for 2 years before we got married, and he got someone to do them for him for free each time. We got married at 20, and I've done them every year since.

So I honestly don't think my DH would really know how to do them. Not b/c he isn't smart. I think he could figure it out if he HAD to. But it's just much easier in our case for me to do them.

DottieHarley 02-05-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiliki (Post 16250652)
me. I've always done it. But I handle all the finances for our household. So it makes sense.

:yeahthat:
I shudder to think what would happen if DH did our taxes. Oh yeah, he did his own one year before we were married. The result? A tax lien :banghead:

Elisabeth1017 02-05-2013 09:51 AM

My husband. He is very talented when it comes to managing money.

syfitz 02-05-2013 09:51 AM

Me. I handle all things financial for our family. Sometimes dh buys stock because he watches that stuff (and I don't), but that is the only financial thing he does.

abunchoflemons 02-05-2013 09:52 AM

we hacve wo much stuff that changes & varies so thats why we do pro as i also just have babies 3 now all in first of year. lots of things to put in & all just easier.