Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   warm toddler coat recommendations (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1488964)

joyous 02-05-2013 10:46 AM

warm toddler coat recommendations

DD and I are going to New York for a week in March. I guess the weather could go either way. It could be cold and snowy, or warm. We live in southern California, though, and the warmest jacket she has is a thick cotton one from Old Navy.

We might go up to the mountains to the snow for a day or two when we're in NY, so I'm hoping to get her something that will work both in the city for walking around, and in snow. Any recommendations on something that won't break the bank? I was looking at the LL Bean Warm-Up Hooded Jacket, and it looks really nice, but $60 is a lot for me right now. Any recommendations appreciated!

GenevaL 02-05-2013 11:04 AM

Re: warm toddler coat recommendations

Also check Lands End, they have great winter outerwear!

bluedaisyma 02-05-2013 11:38 AM

We have a thick Sherpa like coat from old navy and its fine for snow. Plus you can always layer under! I got it for like $16

Sent from Future Dwight

bluedaisyma 02-05-2013 11:43 AM

I just looked online and their 3-in-1 coats are btw $15-&19, and you can use the thin layer back home!

Sent from Future Dwight

Only 02-05-2013 11:43 AM

You could try posting an ISO, I bet there's a mama on here who has something suitable for the weather that their child has outgrown and would sell for a fair price. :)

melfinn 02-05-2013 11:47 AM

I live in NY and if you are going for a short visit I would buy a cheaper Target or Walmart jacket if they still have them left. I think you can get them online clearance by now. They will work just a fine for a few uses. May I ask where in NY you are visiting? I live upstate and it has been cold:( Hope it warms up by March. And just wanted to reach out if you need anything while you are here and I am close? I live in Glens falls about 45-50 mins north of Albany. Oh you mentioned city as NYC? So the mtns you will visit will probably be the Green and the the Adks, where I live? But if I am wrong and you are coming north and need anything please feel free to pm me.

NotLad 02-05-2013 11:48 AM

+1 for lands end. Since its end of season, you should be able to find some decent prices.

melfinn 02-05-2013 11:50 AM

PP thats what I was thinking if she was close enough I could just let her borrow one but I have a boy and none of his winter coats are GN. I guess it would depend on the mama if she'd put a girl is orange/camo or the like.

joyous 02-05-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melfinn (Post 16251301)
I live in NY and if you are going for a short visit I would buy a cheaper Target or Walmart jacket if they still have them left. I think you can get them online clearance by now. They will work just a fine for a few uses. May I ask where in NY you are visiting? I live upstate and it has been cold:( Hope it warms up by March. And just wanted to reach out if you need anything while you are here and I am close? I live in Glens falls about 45-50 mins north of Albany. Oh you mentioned city as NYC? So the mtns you will visit will probably be the Green and the the Adks, where I live? But if I am wrong and you are coming north and need anything please feel free to pm me.

You are so, so very sweet mama. My sister lives in the city, so we'll be there the majority of the time. We actually don't know where in the mountains we're going. We want to get out of the city for a couple days and let DD play in the snow for the first time. Would you recommend your area?

joyous 02-05-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedaisyma (Post 16251280)
I just looked online and their 3-in-1 coats are btw $15-&19, and you can use the thin layer back home!

Sent from Future Dwight

thank you! Will check this now. Perfect price!