Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   If you do not live in the US... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489008)

isabelsmummy 02-05-2013 12:43 PM

If you do not live in the US...

Would you please consider putting that in your profile. Go to My Account / Edit User Details.

You don't need to tell everyone your address, just a country!

We keep having these weird conversations around here that would be pretty much non issues if it had been known that the poster is not writing from a typical US perspective! 95% of people are in the US so that is the default assumption.
:thumbsup:

Fairycat 02-05-2013 01:02 PM

Re: If you do not live in the US...

What about a split personality? You are from the US but live out of the country, then you really will have a different perspective on some things :)

menthomas 02-05-2013 01:05 PM

:backout:

Op I totally get it! There have been major cultural misunderstandings lately. But I fear for this thread....

Kiliki 02-05-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairycat (Post 16251716)
What about a split personality? You are from the US but live out of the country, then you really will have a different perspective on some things :)

Well, I think that is kind of OP's point.

We can see that you live in the UK. So you may know more than someone who has never lived abroad, outside the US (like me!), and therefore, your perspective on something could be considered as someone having that knowledge. KWIM?

willownz 02-05-2013 01:16 PM

You cant see location when you are in the app, so that isnt much help. Mine is in my siggy though which I have turned on.

Kiwi mum of 4 including Benjamin born still at 19 weeks on Jan 17th 2013.

PoshPants 02-05-2013 01:19 PM

I"m in the USA but not American, so do I need to post that too?? LOL

wordmama 02-05-2013 01:20 PM

Does this mean you Americans all think alike?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

napua 02-05-2013 01:23 PM

Hmm, I'm American but I live abroad. :)

PoshPants 02-05-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordmama (Post 16251801)
Does this mean you Americans all think alike?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

I know! then you need state, where you grew up etc. I mean if you are from texas but forced to live in NY, you are different that someone FROM NY living in NY.

Kiliki 02-05-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoshPants (Post 16251820)
I know! then you need state, where you grew up etc. I mean if you are from texas but forced to live in NY, you are different that someone FROM NY living in NY.

This is true!