Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Need a little reassurance - Update in OP (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489041)

happy2beamom 02-05-2013 02:52 PM

Need a little reassurance - Update in OP

UPDATE: Just got back from the doctor's office. I had to see another doc because mine was full of patients and i told them i don't care, i NEED to see someone :blush:

Anyways, gave another urine sample and was told it had a small amount of protein in it. WHAT does that mean? The doc didn't seem concerned, but i have NO idea what that means? Also was told that there was no sign of bladder infection, so they believe the antibiotic is working (even though i'm still in a lot of pain and my kidneys were hurting). Was told to finish it.

Told that the spotting could have been related to pap the day before :headscratch: Couldn't explain why i have a heavy feeling deep in pelvis/vagina area and/or why it feels like there are bubbles popping down there :blush: I said i might be getting a yeast infection because of the antibiotics, but was told unless it becomes 'full blown' to leave it for now :headscratch:

BUT, the doc said my uterus feels normal size for 13 weeks and went and got the doppler and after about 5 minutes found a heartbeat :goodvibes: He did say that it is really high up in my uterus (he found the hb by my belly button) and when i gave him a panicked look he did say it was "okay to have it high, it just attached high in my uterus". What does that mean? Anything? Is that why i feel so big near my belly, but flatter lower down in abdomen? Will it affect birthing? Also, will it affect how i carry? (i was hoping to be able to gauge the sex based on how i carried :giggle2:).

Anyways, was reassured the chance of miscarriage at this point is decreased so to 'try to take it easy and relax'. Okay, i'll concentrate on getting rid of this UTI. That i can do.

Thanks for all the support ladies. I really needed it :hugs:

OP

I went to the doctor today for my first official appt (i'll be 13 weeks tomorrow) and found out the pain in my stomach and the constant need to go pee is NOT because i'm pregnant, but that i have an UTI :banghead: Awesome start to the appt. Next i had to have a pap smear because my 1 year is up at the end of March (and DH couldn't watch DD so she was there with me :banghead:). Then, to make matters even worse the doctor spent 5 minutes trying to find the heartbeat and couldn't :cry:

I thought by 13 weeks they were able to find it? She is my family doctor and not an OB as OB's here only see high risk. Anyways, she did her best to reassure me that it is probably just my tilted uterus and that the baby is still small and is probably hiding, BUT i'm freaking out :cry:

I heard both DS's and DD's at that age.

Is it 'okay' not to hear or is something wrong?

I go back in 4 weeks, but i don't know if i can handle it :blush:

ETA: I forgot to say that i'm just nervous because 2 weeks ago i got really sick and had 101.9 fever for 4 days (despite tylenol and cold compress, etc). In addition to the fever, i also took A LOT of tylenol (the doc said i could take that much, but i normally don't take anything so now i'm panicking).

momto2princesses 02-05-2013 02:56 PM

Re: Need a little reassurance

Would she be willing to order and ultrasound? I think most providers would do that if they couldn't hear the hb at 13 weeks. Not that I think her explanation is wrong, but I'd be like you and worrying myself crazy. That in itself should be enough reason, if only to reassure you that everything is OK.

happy2beamom 02-05-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momto2princesses (Post 16251959)
Would she be willing to order and ultrasound? I think most providers would do that if they couldn't hear the hb at 13 weeks. Not that I think her explanation is wrong, but I'd be like you and worrying myself crazy. That in itself should be enough reason, if only to reassure you that everything is OK.

Well, i left in tears (after i go to the car and called DH) and I have anxiety so the not hearing a hearbeat has me so freaked, but she didn't seem phased at all. I asked about 4 times, but are you sure everything is okay and she said yes, you don't have spotting and your uterus is getting bigger, etc etc, but that ISN'T the same as hearing a hearbeat :cry:

Tris 02-05-2013 03:17 PM

Ugh that's tough, they couldn't find the heartbeat my first appt at 11 weeks, very frustrating :( Its ok, its normal for an external one, but its still annoying. Can you request a dating or NT scan?

happy2beamom 02-05-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16252058)
Ugh that's tough, they couldn't find the heartbeat my first appt at 11 weeks, very frustrating :( Its ok, its normal for an external one, but its still annoying. Can you request a dating or NT scan?

Well, i had a dating ultrasound at 7 weeks. The heartbeat was 160bpm. But, that was before i got sick with the fever and was 6 weeks ago.

So, she tried to say that the baby was good then and i don't have spotting so it is fine now :cry:

sisu 02-05-2013 04:05 PM

My doc had a hard time finding this baby's HB at 11+6, but is pretty confident she was able to pick it up very faintly. She suspects an anterior placenta.

My OB couldn't hear DD's at all at 12+ weeks, but she's here and 100% healthy. :)

If you're going to stress over it for the next 4 weeks, I'd call back and ask for either a quick ultrasound or a chance to come in next week so they can try the doppler again.

:hugs: Worrying is the worst.

sisu 02-05-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy2beamom (Post 16252128)
Well, i had a dating ultrasound at 7 weeks. The heartbeat was 160bpm. But, that was before i got sick with the fever and was 6 weeks ago.

So, she tried to say that the baby was good then and i don't have spotting so it is fine now :cry:

There's a very, very good chance that this is true!! I know that's not very reassuring when it's *your* baby you're worried about, though.

stevensmom 02-05-2013 04:30 PM

sweetie...see if you can go in for an u/s. That will be the only thing that will help your fear :hugs:

happy2beamom 02-05-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 16252384)
sweetie...see if you can go in for an u/s. That will be the only thing that will help your fear :hugs:

Thanks :hugs: I just feel like a worry wart :blush: But, my kids are talking to the baby and my DD gives it about 1000 hugs/kisses a day. I need to hear the heartbeat or have a window to see it since i can't feel it yet.

I hate confrontation, but i guess i'll have to be strong and phone the doctor's office and say i'm worried.

stevensmom 02-05-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy2beamom (Post 16252467)
Thanks :hugs: I just feel like a worry wart :blush: But, my kids are talking to the baby and my DD gives it about 1000 hugs/kisses a day. I need to hear the heartbeat or have a window to see it since i can't feel it yet.

I hate confrontation, but i guess i'll have to be strong and phone the doctor's office and say i'm worried.

After my 2 m/c I had to buy a doppler.

where was she trying to find it at? yes I know that sounds crazy but some people think to look higher than actually where baby is.

I always find baby's hb right at my pubic hair line, even at 11weeks.