Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   using coupons (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489098)

Scarlett's mommy 02-05-2013 04:02 PM

using coupons

does anyone know any links for teaching people to use coupons effectively. i have our food budget about as low as i can get it at 200 a month for 2 adults and a 2 year old (baby breastfeeds) and need to work on our toiletries and household stuff. any ideas or links suggestions would be helpful :)

Rdesonia 02-05-2013 04:05 PM

Re: using coupons

couponmom.com
You have to sign up but it is free. It matches sales to Sunday coupons.

happysmileylady 02-05-2013 04:10 PM

couponmom and momeysavingmom.com are 2 of the best imo

nalazimbala 02-05-2013 10:33 PM

If you have a Kroger near you, I use www.iheartkroger.com a lot.

cassie.sattler 02-06-2013 03:32 AM

have you thought of switching to cloth instead?

i tired couponing for paper items and then gave up because it still took money and alot of my time.

the krazy coupon lady is also a good one

Scarlett's mommy 02-06-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassie.sattler (Post 16254412)
have you thought of switching to cloth instead?

i tired couponing for paper items and then gave up because it still took money and alot of my time.

the krazy coupon lady is also a good one

We do use a lot of cloth. Diapers, mama cloth for me. I use unpaper towels. I plan to go nopoo when my shampoo is gone. My dh uses paper towels though and we still need dish soap, laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, trash bags, ect.

BabyKakes 02-06-2013 08:39 AM

I love hip2save...she posts lots of great deals on the stuff you mentioned. Do you have a cvs near you? They are currently running nice deals on paper towels, dish soap, etc.

Scarlett's mommy 02-06-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyKakes (Post 16255077)
I love hip2save...she posts lots of great deals on the stuff you mentioned. Do you have a cvs near you? They are currently running nice deals on paper towels, dish soap, etc.

Yes I do and I was reading the cvs sticky on here last night. Thank you :)

cassie.sattler 02-06-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy (Post 16254525)
We do use a lot of cloth. Diapers, mama cloth for me. I use unpaper towels. I plan to go nopoo when my shampoo is gone. My dh uses paper towels though and we still need dish soap, laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, trash bags, ect.

as far as dish soap they usually have 50cent off coupons for dawn. then it usually goes on sale for 99 cents, making it 50 cents a bottle. if you sing up with p&g they can give you samples and coupons through the mail. there are also recipes floating around for homemade laundry detergent which comes to about 2 cents a load. there are often good deals on toothpaste and deodorant. i suggest stocking up when you can. have you thought about homemade cleaning supplies? most times they are also non toxic and very cheap!

props for the mama cloth! im trying to slowly transition when budget allows!

Scarlett's mommy 02-06-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassie.sattler (Post 16255149)

as far as dish soap they usually have 50cent off coupons for dawn. then it usually goes on sale for 99 cents, making it 50 cents a bottle. if you sing up with p&g they can give you samples and coupons through the mail. there are also recipes floating around for homemade laundry detergent which comes to about 2 cents a load. there are often good deals on toothpaste and deodorant. i suggest stocking up when you can. have you thought about homemade cleaning supplies? most times they are also non toxic and very cheap!

props for the mama cloth! im trying to slowly transition when budget allows!

These are great idea thanks. I love love love my mama cloth. I made it all myself out of fabric I had and remnants from jo anns so I paid almost nothing for my whole stash.