Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Do you need to prep stay dry liners? Help a newbie with Flips and Totsbot (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489154)

ExcitedMamma 02-05-2013 06:50 PM

Do you need to prep stay dry liners? Help a newbie with Flips and Totsbot

Ok I'm a newbie so I know you need to prep cotton with lots of washes but what about stay dry material? I washed my Flip stay dry liners about 3 times and it could not hold runny infant EBF poop which leaked onto the cover. Is that normal? If so how shoud I use them? I also have the new daytime inserts so would I sandwich the stay dry liner into that insert? Or lay on top? Are those stay dry inserts only good for pee?

I also have TotsBots easy fits. Do they need multiple washings too?

Thank you!

ExcitedMamma 02-05-2013 09:40 PM

Re: Do you need to prep stay dry liners? Help a newbie with Flips and Totsbot

Bumping for advice...

crunchyNurseMommy 02-05-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma
Ok I'm a newbie so I know you need to prep cotton with lots of washes but what about stay dry material? I washed my Flip stay dry liners about 3 times and it could not hold runny infant EBF poop which leaked onto the cover. Is that normal? If so how shoud I use them? I also have the new daytime inserts so would I sandwich the stay dry liner into that insert? Or lay on top? Are those stay dry inserts only good for pee?

I also have TotsBots easy fits. Do they need multiple washings too?

Thank you!

Tots bots minky ones just need one wash. I haven't used flip stay dry but the new day time inserts are all cotton so they need at least 3-4 washes & dries to prep. As far as layering the stay dry with the cotton, I am not helpful. I would say with the stay dry leaking poop onto the cover would be normal. The inserts bunch in flip covers no matter what inserts & EBF poop is really liquid & explosive :) HTH!

ExcitedMamma 02-06-2013 10:40 AM

Thank you! Glad to know how easy TotBots are!

Does anyone know if I need to wash the Flip stay dry inserts a lot? Or how to use them with with runny EBF poop? Thanks!

Pixi6s 02-06-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma (Post 16255613)
Thank you! Glad to know how easy TotBots are!

Does anyone know if I need to wash the Flip stay dry inserts a lot? Or how to use them with with runny EBF poop? Thanks!

It says wash once
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...oducts_id=2876

With newborns you just have to expect that poo will get on the cover unless you are using prefolds attached to baby or fitteds. Eventually as your child ages use can reuse more.

ExcitedMamma 02-06-2013 11:08 AM

Thank you! DD is almost 5 months old so is the stay dry liner more for after she's eating solids? Or do I sandwich in the new daytime inserts to hold pee better?

GreenOwlet 02-06-2013 11:09 AM

Basically anything made of synthetics just needs one wash for manufacturing residue since it has no oils.

Pixi6s 02-06-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma (Post 16255748)
Thank you! DD is almost 5 months old so is the stay dry liner more for after she's eating solids? Or do I sandwich in the new daytime inserts to hold pee better?

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by stay dry liner? Is it the stay dry flip inserts that I linked to? That would be what absorbs the waste. The stay dry top is so when baby wets it doesn't feel as moist on baby skin. Stay dry has nothing to do with what gets on the cover.

With the flip system you can reuse the covers once whenever the poop doesn't get one them. This is possible with any inserts or prefolds ect.

You can use multiple inserts if you think your child needs more absorbency. Is there any leaking onto baby clothes?

ExcitedMamma 02-06-2013 11:31 AM

Sorry! I should have said stay dry insert. I'm just trying to figure out the best way of using them. No leak onto clothes just the cover. The new daytime insert seems to hold the poop a lot better with no leaking at all on the cover. So I'm wondering how to use the stay dry insert, since its not holding the runny poop well. Should I save it for after the poop firms up when she's on solid? Would it help for nighttime or naps to fold it into the new daytime inserts?