Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why are REAL pics so hard to take?!?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489191)

TalkinBoutMyGirl 02-05-2013 09:15 PM

Why are REAL pics so hard to take?!?!

It seem's this mostly surrounds Gymbo stuff. All SKU pics and NO real pics of the actual outfits the seller owns. I refuse to buy items when I can't see pics of the real items. I actually had a mama tell me that she doesn't take pics because there are so many items and was wondering what I was worried about as she had given good descriptions. Um..why do I want to go through the trouble of having to get my money back if I am not satisfied with something? And isn't it going to be my fault if I am not satified with an item and I didn't get real pictures? Apparently this is normal on another forum but I just don't get it. Rant over!

Tris 02-05-2013 09:19 PM

Re: Why are REAL pics so hard to take?!?!

I've seen that on another gymbo specific forum, I don't "shop" there. Most have an inflated sense of worth anyway.

I_run_with_scissors 02-06-2013 07:03 AM

thats silly! i dont bother buying from people who wont take real pictures. I want to see exactly what i am getting before hand, so i will just give someone else my money

4littlenorskes 02-06-2013 09:09 AM

Not sure if your talking about this forum but there was someone awhile back that scammed people here and other sites and only had stock photos of gymbo items. I agree, if you don't have a pic. of the actual item in your possession I won't buy.

Fishie Kisses 02-06-2013 10:00 AM

If you see it here, please report it or contact a mod. We do not allow it here

Katesays 02-06-2013 01:24 PM

I would never buy items without actual pics, that has shady written all over it!

organicmama10 02-06-2013 10:09 PM

Ditto! It's hard enough to buy things online but no actual pics?? No way!

Maple_Sugar_Designs 02-07-2013 06:44 AM

If you can't take a picture the sale is not important to you.

madebymommy 02-07-2013 06:47 AM

I never understood that either... if you have the 2 minutes to search for the picture, upload it and post it, you have the time to post real pics of the items you are trying to sell! I can't imagine buying something used, based on the stock photo.

BinahYeteirah 02-07-2013 07:06 AM

Is it permissible to use stock photos of new items? I usually take my own photos as well, but if I have a new item and do not want to remove it from the packaging, I'll send or link to a stock photo so potential buyers can see the item more clearly. So, usually, I'll send my own photo of the package and a stock photo of the contents, although I think I've used exclusively stock photos at times.