Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Great surgery, disappointing news (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489257)

ProudCoastieWife 02-06-2013 07:06 AM

Great surgery, disappointing news

So i had my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy yesterday and it went well. They ended up find a large fibroid on the outer top part of my uterus and they removed it. After waking up from the surgery the doctor went over everything with me and said that when we get pregnant, which is feels confident we will after removing the large fibroid that was changing the shape of my uterus, he recommends a c-section.:sadbye: Bye-bye dream birth.... We were really hoping for a natural water birth so as you can imagine were heartbroken. I am trying to stay positive and I am so thankful that they were able to remove it and that they are not confident that I can get pregnant, but its still pretty disappointing. Anyways, guess thats just me being a whiney pants today...I'm gonna put my big girl panties on and get over it! :goodvibes:

katiecornflakes 02-06-2013 07:14 AM

Re: Great surgery, disappointing news

So many hugs, mama. I totally understand you being disappointed but I so hope that this surgery gets you your BFP! A c section is disappointing but if you can bring your LO into the world safely, it will all be worth it. Give yourself some time to grieve and adjust and then get to work on your BFP! ;) :hugs:

menthomas 02-06-2013 07:57 AM

Hugs mama. It is disappointing to not get the birth you imagined. But now you can focus on having the BEST c-section. Make sure it's exactly how you want it. And the perfect part? A new baby in your arms. It's worth it.

Now get going! :giggle2:

ProudCoastieWife 02-06-2013 07:59 AM

Thank you so much ladies! Got a little teary eyed! I love how supportive you are! Means alot! I am just so thankful for so much. We have great insurance that allows us to go to a fantastic fertility clinic in upstate NY with a brilliant doctor and his amazing staff! Fingers crossed that this surgery does the trick! Have to wait 2 weeks though which stinks, but I ovulate right after those 2 weeks so thats good! Thank you again ladies! You're the best! :hugs:

Puppydog 02-06-2013 10:07 AM

Hugs. I'm holding out for a BFP from you soon!!

812ajack 02-06-2013 10:23 AM

Glad it went well. Sorry about the C-sec but it could have been a whole lot worse news and when you have that baby (or babies:giggle2:) in your arms it won't matter how it got there. Sending some baby dust your way!:goodvibes:

tedcgh 02-06-2013 12:40 PM

Sorry for the disappointing news. Maybe you can grieve the loss of your dream birth beforehand. Look into and talk with your doc about the trend of gentle c-sections. They lower the drape right after the incision, do immediate skin to skin. Even allows for immediate Breastfeeding if that is something that you are interested in. You can get the discussion rolling now. Can't wait to hear updates and see your bfp soon.

ProudCoastieWife 02-06-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedcgh (Post 16256232)
Sorry for the disappointing news. Maybe you can grieve the loss of your dream birth beforehand. Look into and talk with your doc about the trend of gentle c-sections. They lower the drape right after the incision, do immediate skin to skin. Even allows for immediate Breastfeeding if that is something that you are interested in. You can get the discussion rolling now. Can't wait to hear updates and see your bfp soon.

Oh I love this! Thank you so much for the info! :hugs: Definitely interested in breastfeeding. That was the main concern in doing the c-section! Oh this is fantastic news! My sister has had all c-sections, first with her twins and then in December with her Liam. She couldn't breastfeed so she didn't know about this, but I LOVE IT! Thank you so much! You just made my day!

ProudCoastieWife 02-06-2013 12:46 PM

Thank you ladies! Your support means the world to me! You are all fantastic and I am so blessed to have found this supportive group of ladies!

homebirthmom 02-06-2013 12:55 PM

well thats awesome you got the fibroid out!!! I would not say you have to have a c section tho. I had a friend who was told this. she has a bicornate uterus, they told her all types of bad stuff. she has several full term pregnancies and a homebirth even tho she was told shed never carry to term, and would certainly need c sections. get a 2nd opinion and possibly see a midwife to just see what they think.
your dream is NOT dead.
I wish you the best of luck in getting pregnant soon :)