Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Thursday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489530)

~whitehologram~ 02-06-2013 11:24 PM

Basically it's Thursday

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431
We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

~whitehologram~ 02-06-2013 11:29 PM

Re: Basically it's Thursday

Miss Navajo is on Netflix. I'm watching it.

jwjbbrown 02-07-2013 05:34 AM

Dont know what that is Janine. May have to take a look.

I am up showered and moving. MIL is having a endoscopy today so I have to keep MH at school so she doesn't have to be in the doc office with germs.

I am ready for the weekend but we are slated for MORE SNOW...it shall never end...

~whitehologram~ 02-07-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16258809)
Dont know what that is Janine. May have to take a look.

I am up showered and moving. MIL is having a endoscopy today so I have to keep MH at school so she doesn't have to be in the doc office with germs.

I am ready for the weekend but we are slated for MORE SNOW...it shall never end...

It was really interesting. I loved how they said a woman is ready for marriage when she can make bread and slaughter a sheep. It's amazing to me the steps they went through to be called Miss Navajo. And the blankets they each received were beautiful!

It's so sad about the language...that really is the saddest thing but It was good that to be Miss Navajo you have to be fluent in it.

:crossfingers: for your MIL. My dad had that and it's not fun at all. He told me about it. He was so scared.

Sorry about the snow.

~whitehologram~ 02-07-2013 06:14 AM

I'm attempting to make tortillas today. The frybread got me wanting to make s some but I dont have the oil so I thought I'd try tortillas. I have that piece of turkey breast that needs using up so we'll have that with the tortillas :yummy:

redgirlsmama 02-07-2013 06:23 AM

Morning. Tired. Hope Mel and Ru are doing ok. Sucky that Mel has to go to work :(
Finishing my coffee then I need to do chores and reboot the wash and fold some clothes. I stupidly agreed tinker Bella have two friends sleep over on Friday, so at some point I should get some groceries that they will appreciate and I need a few things for the marinara I am making today

jacksmommy1 02-07-2013 06:25 AM

fun janine

cherylchoo 02-07-2013 06:37 AM

Morning mamacitas. Rosie has an eye appointment across town at noon, so we may play hooky all afternoon. :giggle2:

I have tried to make flour tortillas twice, and failed. IDK, they tasted like paper towels. I have pretty high standards for tortillas, though, being from Texas and all. If you get a good batch, share your recipe Janine.

Goodvibes to all the sickies...

We are expecting snow too. Hopefully not until tonight.

Off to the bus stop...

~whitehologram~ 02-07-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylchoo (Post 16258932)
Morning mamacitas. Rosie has an eye appointment across town at noon, so we may play hooky all afternoon. :giggle2:

I have tried to make flour tortillas twice, and failed. IDK, they tasted like paper towels. I have pretty high standards for tortillas, though, being from Texas and all. If you get a good batch, share your recipe Janine.

Goodvibes to all the sickies...

We are expecting snow too. Hopefully not until tonight.

Off to the bus stop...

I have nothing to compare them to Cheryl. I found they were easy to make nice and thin, and taste good. As to if they taste of paper towels...surly that's more to do with the filling, isn't it? I put Lachs schinken and mature cheddar between the last two for the kids to try them. That was delicious!

cherylchoo 02-07-2013 07:27 AM

IME homemade tortillas (not made by me LOL) are awesome, can't compare to what you buy at the store in the US. I think the trouble I had was the recipes that I was using did not contain lard (which is how they are traditionally made in Mexico) or anything remotely like lard, so they just tasted like poorly made pitas. :rofl: I think if I could find the right recipe...I would be 682 pounds. :roflmbo: Thus I have not looked very hard. ;)