Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Best magnetic building toy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489583)

RainandRedemption 02-07-2013 09:21 AM

Best magnetic building toy?

Anyone have a set that your kids just love?

Looking at magna tiles, they look great though a little pricey... Open to any suggestions :)

sisu 02-07-2013 09:24 AM

We have a set of Tegu blocks and wheels that my almost 3 year old hasn't put down since Christmas. My 15 month old really likes them, too, although she has some time before she'll fully appreciate them. They're pricey, but worth it, IMO. :)

juliasmom 02-07-2013 09:28 AM

We have Magformers. I have played with Magnatiles at a friends house and the magnets aren't as strong as the ones we have. They are both super fun though :)

meeshkasheeba 02-07-2013 09:40 AM

Re: Best magnetic building toy?

We have tegu at home and magnatiles at church and they are both played with a lot, but the blocks are used the most. I totally think the wheels make all the difference though.

RainandRedemption 02-07-2013 09:44 AM

Tegu looks really nice, but they cost more than we can spend right now. I'd be open to buying a used lot but everything on ebay for those are new.

Janine 02-07-2013 09:46 AM

We have Magformers and Magnatiles and love them both. The Magformers have stronger magnets and are great for making cars, balls, and other sturdy items. The Magnatiles aren't as strong, but we just love them for making houses and other buildings. Something about those translucent tiles makes for a beautiful building! Usually the kids use the Magformers to make a car for their My Little Ponies, and then they drive their ponies to the fancy Magnatiles house they have built for them. Ha, ha! I think both are great.

Oh, and I think QVC might have cheaper prices for the Magformers than I've seen in stores.

RainandRedemption 02-07-2013 09:48 AM

Magformers looks pretty fun. They are kinda what I had in mind with the different shapes and colors

MommyZ of 2 02-07-2013 10:00 AM

We don't have any big kid magnetic toys, but for the younger ones, we have Geomag Baby sets that are great. They are chunky, they float in the tub, and are dishwasher safe. We have two sea sets, the farm set, and the Roly Poly set. My 5 yr old still plays with them.

proudsahmof4 02-08-2013 05:56 AM

We love our translucent Magna-Tiles. I really want to get a tabletop light table to use with them, but no money for that right now. My kids (ages 21 months through 8 years) all play with them for long periods of time.

alsatia23 02-08-2013 06:31 AM

Don't get the Guidecraft Magneatos, they do not stay together when building.