Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   people who have netflix/hulu instead of cable.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489845)

bluecandi 02-07-2013 08:42 PM

people who have netflix/hulu instead of cable..

We are finding we need faster internet for watching netflix/hulu. We have att and pay way too much for 3mbs download speed at best.
Trying to find other options....hopefully faster service for no more than what we are paying now.

Who do yall have for internet?

Also, does anyone use a pay as you go hotspot option?

Thanks mamas!!!

Melinda29 02-07-2013 08:50 PM

Re: people who have netflix/hulu instead of cable..

Hmm, we have 3mbs and have no problems with Netflix. We have Windstream phone and internet bundled for $50/month (plus taxes).

happysmileylady 02-07-2013 08:56 PM

We have, ironically, comcast internet. We pay way too much for it, but I haven't had the time to call to get it lowered yet. We pay $60, but we were paying $40. Substantially less than when we had the cable bundle.

KaleidoscopeEyes 02-07-2013 09:13 PM

Mediacom $40 they do have a data cap but they don't enforce it

tjs77tsa 02-07-2013 09:37 PM

Century link bundled with phone for $60 5gbs and we watch netflix and hulu on more then one computer at a time with no problems.

lisathib123 02-08-2013 05:16 AM

We have AT&T u-verse and can watch on 6 or more devices and never have any problems (not that we do) We pay $52 a month.

babynme8 02-08-2013 01:36 PM

I have Charter and pay $85 for internet and landline (which i need to cancel) and we never have problems with Hulu or NetFlix.

tokidokikashikoi 02-08-2013 01:44 PM

I have Charter and pay $35 for just internet, no cable or land line. I think it's more an issue of type of connection than speed. Sometimes you actually share your bandwidth with your neighbors and that really kills streaming.

ChocoChoco 02-08-2013 01:50 PM

We pay $30 for the lowest AT&T Uverse Internet. Works fine for Hulu and Netflix. The only lag we ever see is with the wireless when far away from the router. Especially with so many devices and computers connected to it wirelessly.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

lakemom 02-08-2013 02:12 PM

I would suggest upgrading your wireless router before considering changing your internet provider. We were having troubles streaming until we got a more powerful router. Now we can stream on 3 devices at once with no (or very little) noticeable effect. When ds logs on with his PS3 to game with friends THAT slows us way down.