Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Happy Friday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489882)

jwjbbrown 02-08-2013 05:43 AM

Happy Friday

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431
We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

jwjbbrown 02-08-2013 05:44 AM

Re: Happy Friday

Good morning. Any snowdays out there for the people in the "epic storm"

Dog woke me 5 minutes before my alarm. grrr

Dishwasher, washer running. I am clean and had breakfast.

MH made it all night in her bed :bliss:

jwjbbrown 02-08-2013 05:48 AM

Wow I just attempted to go to Mel's school district website and it wont let me on, too much website traffic, guessing some big snow there this morning

jacksmommy1 02-08-2013 05:54 AM

no snow day here.....perhaps an early dismissal though

jwjbbrown 02-08-2013 06:02 AM

Well our snow is expected on the weekend so wont effect us today. We will be 50+ today then snow Saturday night, Sunday night.

We NEVER do early dismissals here. We don't have reliable contacts for all parents and about 18 years ago the district did its last early release, a child froze to death when there was no one at his home. So nope, no early released here. That is why we sometimes error on the side of caution and just don't have them come in if we know the storm will get worse.

cherylchoo 02-08-2013 06:41 AM

SNOW DAY here! Only 6 inches last night, but it just started coming down hard again. They are wusses here about the snow. It doesn't take much to make them throw up their hands and say never mind, stay home. :giggle2:

cherylchoo 02-08-2013 06:42 AM

I am trying to wake up. On snow days the call comes in at 5am, then the snow plows start doing all the driveways (before the streets, go figure). So I will definitely have to take a nap today. I am thinking maybe french toast for bfast this morning, using my big griddle Janine wants. ;)

lemurmommies 02-08-2013 08:11 AM

Snow day here, but the kind where busses are canceled but school remain open. The drive was so bad that I couldn't make it to my actual school, so I reported to the closest school (E's old school). Been here since 8. They haven't assigned me to a class yet, so I am sitting and marking tests. I should find out where/if I am needed after recess (which just started). Whee!

Visibility is terrible out there. We have got heaps of snow and are getting more.

jwjbbrown 02-08-2013 08:18 AM

I am glad you stuck close to home Mel. I looked bad when I was surfing to see if you had school.

I am at school and again our parents represented themselves just "wonderfully" last night a the 4/5 grade basketball tournament. The regular coach (Erin) is really sick, been home for 3 days. So a first year teacher offered to coach the first game for her last night. Erin wrote out what she wanted the teacher to do and the teacher followed that plan. The girls lost and parents went postal on the young teacher. They were awful. Bad enough that coaches from other schools called one of our teachers (she has taught in the district along time and knows many people) to tell her how terrible they were. It is just sad that parents do this to kid this young. The girls are embarrassed the teacher wont step foot back in that gym. It is just sad.

~whitehologram~ 02-08-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16263512)
Well our snow is expected on the weekend so wont effect us today. We will be 50+ today then snow Saturday night, Sunday night.

We NEVER do early dismissals here. We don't have reliable contacts for all parents and about 18 years ago the district did its last early release, a child froze to death when there was no one at his home. So nope, no early released here. That is why we sometimes error on the side of caution and just don't have them come in if we know the storm will get worse.

Oh wow, that's so sad :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylchoo (Post 16263594)
I am trying to wake up. On snow days the call comes in at 5am, then the snow plows start doing all the driveways (before the streets, go figure). So I will definitely have to take a nap today. I am thinking maybe french toast for bfast this morning, using my big griddle Janine wants. ;)

We have one on the way :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16263945)
I am glad you stuck close to home Mel. I looked bad when I was surfing to see if you had school.

I am at school and again our parents represented themselves just "wonderfully" last night a the 4/5 grade basketball tournament. The regular coach (Erin) is really sick, been home for 3 days. So a first year teacher offered to coach the first game for her last night. Erin wrote out what she wanted the teacher to do and the teacher followed that plan. The girls lost and parents went postal on the young teacher. They were awful. Bad enough that coaches from other schools called one of our teachers (she has taught in the district along time and knows many people) to tell her how terrible they were. It is just sad that parents do this to kid this young. The girls are embarrassed the teacher wont step foot back in that gym. It is just sad.

Oh god! That's terrible! How can they behave like that and expect their kids to handle defeat properly? It's a shame when your team looses but loosing with pride is something they should be able to do.