Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Charity Faith is here (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489924)

mrsbesky 02-08-2013 08:41 AM

Charity Faith is here

Charity Faith Skaggs was born Monday Feb. 4th at 9:01pm. 7lbs 9.9oz; 20.25 inches long.

Pictures to come when I finally get home.

It was a long crazy day! I woke up at about 8am and was telling my husband a discouraging story of not having had one single contraction during the night. About 20 mins later I sat up in bed and screamed (from shock) "my water just broke!" Poor guy I had to laugh at him cause he went into panic mode (dd2 was born 30 mins after my water broke). We made phone calls, and left for the hospital. I didn't start contractions for another hour. Several hours later my contractions stopped, and they started me on poticin. Labor was extreamly intense and i wasn't dialating, so I got an epi. Which for the record I want to state that it was totally useless during pushing!!!!! Totally useless!!!!!! After an extreamly painful 30 mins of pushing she finally arrived... FACE UP!!! Midwife casually said... oh shes face up, you should have had a c-section, no wonder you were complaining. :giggle2:

Later on we discovered the real reason for all the horrable pain. A few minutes after she finished stiching me up she came in the room in a complete panic. Someone had taken the latex free surgical cart and replaced it with a regular one. She unknowingly used latex gloves, which I'm extreamly allergic to. I knew something was messing me up, but was to distracted with all that was going on to focus on it. Luckily they pumped me full of meds and stopped my reaction before it got to bad. :goodvibes:

My poor baby girl is still at the hospital, she ended up having sugar problems. We got past those and now she is to jaundice to leave. Her Doctor just came and said it was still up and we would be here at least one more day (again). Originally they told me that even though I was bfing I had to go home. I basicly had an emotion break down, and stated crying (sobbing actually) and they are letting me stay as a "guest" in an unused room, as long as they don't need it. Please pray that the jaundice will leave her body. I want to take my precious baby home, and I'm missing my other girls. I'm not sure how many more days I can stand being away from my family. :cry:

Update: We are HOME!!!!! We got to leave Saturday afternoon. The second the discharge papers were signed and they unlocked the nursery door and let her out, we hurried out the door. I didn't want to give them a chance to change their mind. lol

Ainmemphis 02-08-2013 09:44 AM

Congratulations on your baby! Sorry to hear about the complications and sending positive thoughts your way. Hoping your little one is ready to go home soon!

The Fancy Pansy 02-08-2013 09:48 AM

Re: Charity Faith is here

Congratulations!!

:hugs: for the rough ride, and prayers for everything to wok out fast so you can go home and focus on snuggling!!

KaysieW003 02-08-2013 09:50 AM

Awww :hugs: I hope you and baby Charity get to go home soon!!!!

Steph Ed 02-08-2013 11:11 AM

Congratulations, mama! Just know everything will work out in the end :hugs:

I know how you feel missing your other babies : ( I couldn't get out of that hospital fast enough to get home to them!

MommyMeads 02-08-2013 12:03 PM

Congrats on the baby! Hopefully you both can go home soon. I don't think I would be able to leave my new little one at the hospital either and being away from my other kids is so hard too.

808mamaof3 02-08-2013 03:57 PM

Congratulations!! Praying that your LO's jaundice goes away and you can take your precious girl home.

lisha622 02-08-2013 04:05 PM

Congratulations Mama! I want to add you to our due date list and don't think you're on it ... here http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1427997. What was your due date?

ETA... NEVERMIND! I found you :)

MDever 02-08-2013 04:09 PM

Congrats! I sure hope she is better soon so that you can get home together:hugs:

My_Tree_Grows 02-08-2013 10:17 PM

Constant breastfeeding is the best way to get her sugars up AND eliminate the jaundice, WTH are they doing at that hospital?! Can you check out AMA? I would be so out of there!