Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   $5 off a spiral ham at aldi...fyi... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489940)

Leanbh 02-08-2013 09:36 AM

$5 off a spiral ham at aldi...fyi...

Just thought I'd pass it along....they usually do this at this time of year, so good deal and obviously can be used for many meals and sandwiches etc. At least it was at mine this morning......

so instead of $11.xx about $6 for a big old ham.....

kocho 02-09-2013 10:17 AM

Re: $5 off a spiral ham at aldi...fyi...

Thanks for the tip. We just had a ham around the holidays. But I didn't get to do the scallopped potatoes with ham that I wanted to do with the leftovers. They seemed to go real fast this time!!

Scarlett's mommy 02-09-2013 10:26 AM

I can't wait until our aldi is built :(

Leanbh 02-09-2013 11:58 AM

Yum, going to steal that idea of scalloped potatoes with ham. I think there ham is decent too as I know some Adi things are hit and miss. I know MIL has used it for xmas and she's normally a spendy shopper ;)

Scarlett's mommy - yep you will be happy, I'm always suprised at my receipt, you just have to figure out the good stuff vs not so good and stick with those. They do great sales/markdowns though after seasonal promo's. Especially xmas...

threestraycats 02-09-2013 12:40 PM

is the coupon online/in flyer or just take off at the register?

are there scalloped potatoes good or did you make homemade?

Anna0623 02-09-2013 02:12 PM

Are there any aldis in virginia?

Leanbh 02-09-2013 02:16 PM

They do a big markdown....put it on a one of those blank yellow cardstocks(printed for regular price items) and marked it $5 off with a sharpie etc, took it off at the register.

Not sure if they have them in VA, did you google....

AVDesigns 02-09-2013 02:21 PM

We just got an Aldi's a week ago and I checked it out today. didn't see any of the spiral hams though..I was looking. Found a few good buys.

bradcher 02-09-2013 03:52 PM

Any tips on the "good" aldis items? We haven't been disappointed but hae only gone a few times. We like from there:
low fat string cheese
all produce/veggies were good. don't know their shelf life?
good milk
cream cheese
turkey bacon
frozen veggies
cereal
cereal bars
fresh salsa
gallon size bags
what else???

neuro_mom 02-09-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradcher (Post 16269836)
Any tips on the "good" aldis items? We haven't been disappointed but hae only gone a few times. We like from there:
low fat string cheese
all produce/veggies were good. don't know their shelf life?
good milk
cream cheese
turkey bacon
frozen veggies
cereal
cereal bars
fresh salsa
gallon size bags
what else???

You just have to read labels as some items are loaded w/ sugar or fat. I like to get canned nuts, cashews, crackers, wheat crackers, organic soy milk, milk, eggs, bottled juice (check for 100% juice only), pasta, bleach, paper towels, kleenex (willow brand), olive oil, trash bags, cheese sticks, refrigerated pizza, cinnamon raisin bread, vegetables/fruit (sometimes they look great - sometimes not so great :(), frozen fish, frozen asparagus. I don't care for their canned vegetables as they seem to have stems in them a lot of the time.