Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Black Bean Brownie Recipe (GF!) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1489945)

s2grace 02-08-2013 09:44 AM

Black Bean Brownie Recipe (GF!)

I made this brownie recipe this week. My son and I loved it, my daughter at a whole piece then said she didn't like it. Ha! My hubby spit it out. So it's not exactly the same but if you are trying to find a healthy option and want sweets this is a good one. Be sure to use a food processor. It makes it so much smoother.
(recipe from www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com) go there to find the nutritional info and ww points)

No-Flour Black Bean Brownies

(gluten-free)

1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
2 tbsp cocoa powder- dutch or regular (10g) (add a little extra if desired)
1/2 cup quick oats (40g) (See nutrition facts link below for all substitution notes.)
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave (Honey will work, but not for strict vegans.) (75g)
2 nunaturals stevia packs or 2 tbsp sugar (or omit and increase maple syrup to 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil (40g) (See “nutrition facts” link for all substitution notes.)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (115-140g) (Not optional. Omit at your own risk.)
optional: more chips, for presentation
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Really blend well. (A blender can work if you absolutely must, but the texture—and even the taste—will be much better in a food processor.) Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top. Cook 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. Makes 9-12 brownies.

KaleidoscopeEyes 02-08-2013 12:22 PM

I just made some today in muffin cups. I use Tammy's recipe. It's a huge winner with everyone http://www.tammysrecipes.com/fudgy_black_bean_brownies

AHASRADA 02-08-2013 12:51 PM

We all love it too. My ds is in on the secret ingredient, but dh and dd are still in the dark. I'm just so afraid they won't eat them anymore if they find out!

tmwmommy 02-08-2013 12:54 PM

Re: Black Bean Brownie Recipe (GF!)

We love bean brownies here! DD only wants brownies if they have beans in them lol. She doesn't normally eat beans at all.

mel j 02-08-2013 01:11 PM

I actually made a black bean brownie cake for my son's birthday. He used to sneak the black bean brownies out of the freezer. :giggle: My husband won't touch them, either. Haven't made them in awhile though... there's a plantain "brownie" recipe I like better now :)

lavender dragonfly 02-08-2013 02:55 PM

We've made these before and liked them. I try not to bake though... As I have ZERO self control--- as in I will eat two dozen before I can stop myself :(

mel j 02-09-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavender dragonfly (Post 16265897)
We've made these before and liked them. I try not to bake though... As I have ZERO self control--- as in I will eat two dozen before I can stop myself :(

Certain homemade baked goods are definitely tough to stay away from for me! And sometimes it's even harder when you think they are "more healthy" b/c you feel like you can eat more because hey it's "healthier". :( I started cutting the batches in half when I bake. Not always, but sometimes. I try to freeze some of it too if I'm making a lot. But I know the feeling of trying not to bake b/c you know you will end up eating a lot of it! :hugs:

KaleidoscopeEyes 02-09-2013 09:55 AM

I'm so glad I'm not into sweets lol