Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Cloth Wipes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490112)

lemon.extract 02-08-2013 07:00 PM

Cloth Wipes

So I am soo on board with cloth diapering, I guess why else would I be on this website . My neworn stash is complete and now am waiting for the baby to be born, to start using the diapers. But you know what is funny, I cannot fathom using cloth wipes..

Isn't that weird? It should really be the other way around, right?

Adinanna'sMomma 02-09-2013 06:24 AM

I found when I started cloth diapering that cloth wipes was a natural progression. I used sposie wipes at first, but it got really annoying having to take dirty diapers to the pail in the laundry room, wipes to the trash, etc. I started using cloth wipes to save a step. I tried making a wipes solution, but after my spray bottle ended up leaking everywhere and making a mess, I just started using water on the wipes and that was all. So easy - and I just used cheap-y baby washcloths for wipes. I'm thinking of making some wipes for the new baby.

jennayoung99 02-09-2013 11:18 AM

When I was planning my first nb stash I had the same thought. But when I started setting up the nursery and needed a diaper pail, garbage pail and a laundry basket, it became too much. So I started to cut up some receiving blankets for wipes, and got some baby wash cloths. I never had a problem using the cloth wipes, they cleaned up well and we easy enough to throw in with the diapers, I never really saw a difference between cloth and disposible. That was until the first time I used a disposible wipe on a eally bih mess, those things suck! I needed like 3 wipes for a job that would have taken me 1 washcloth. And it just kinda pushed everything around instead of cleaning, and they're just so flimsy. I even use cloth wipes when DD's in sposies, they just work better.

lemon.extract 02-09-2013 06:38 PM

Re: Cloth Wipes

The encouragement is great!

myblessedbaby 02-09-2013 07:06 PM

cloth wipes are soooo much better than disposable. I can use one cloth wipe for the same job of 3 or more disposable. Everything just goes in the diaper pail, having a separate trash can for wipes would be super annoying. I just used a spray bottle with water and would wet down the wipes as needed during a diaper change.

papoosecaboose 02-10-2013 09:03 AM

When I started CDing, I kept using disposable wipes for a time. Then it became obvious that I was creating more work for myself, wasting several dollars a week, not to mention adding stinky trash to our garbage cans. Once baby's not EBF any longer, their poo obviously turns quite stinky. Just a couple of poopy wipes sitting in the nursery trash can really add a nasty smell, so I was constantly having to change the nearly empty trash bag all on a count of a few wipes.

I "splurged" with my last son and bought 2 doz nice wipes in boy prints from Little Boppers. She always has them stocked and has free shipping on her website. She uses really cute prints of cotton knit, velour, bamboo and flannel. It makes diaper changes even more fun cause I get to pick which wipe to use. (Yeah, it doesn't take much for me!) They have held up beautifully and surprisingly have never gotten stained.

My favorite spray is called "California Baby Diaper Area Wash" or something like that. The spray bottle is very high quality and one lasts me many months. When it gets half empty, I fill it up with distilled water to make it last longer. The spray top can twist to lock closed. I have never had a leak with this brand and have been using it for nearly 3 years. I spray directly onto baby's bottom, then wipe with the cloth. When they're newborns, the spray takes them by surprise, but my LO never cried at it, just startled until he got used to it.

Oh, and there's a true sense of accomplishment and satisfaction when you can push your shopping cart right on past the diaper and wipes aisle at the store everyday single time. Love that!

forbes246 02-15-2013 01:39 PM

Cloth wipes are the best. I just used cheap baby washcloths, put them in a wipe warmer, with water. My daughter is out of diapers and still us them to wipe her hands and face after brushing teeth or eating something messy.

waiting_on_anna 02-19-2013 04:07 PM

I made 56 for my LO. We also switched to mama cloth and unpaper towels.