Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Weight gain? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490282)

mvp529 02-09-2013 01:12 PM

Weight gain?

Anyone struggle in this area when pregnant? I not normally heavy but I gain alot of weight during pregnancy. I think I have had only one where I gained in the expected range. I just so hungry when I am pg. I want to work on not packing on any more unnecessary pounds. What is my best plan of action?

blessedwifenmama 02-09-2013 02:21 PM

Re: Weight gain?

I gained 50lbs or so with my son, and it took over a year after he was born to get rid of it all. Hoping not to gain quite so much this time around, but we'll see how it goes. I don't think I gained any weight between my first and 2nd appointments, 4 weeks apart. Then again, I only gained about 5lbs during my first trimester with my son, then really started packing on the pounds in the 2nd, and especially in the 3rd trimester. I remember at the end I was gaining about 2lbs a week! I don't have an ideal diet, but it's certainly better than all the fast food and frozen dinners I ate while pregnant and working with my first.

s@hmommy 02-09-2013 04:11 PM

I gained a ton with dd. With ds I weighed myself daily and based my day on that. If I had gained more than I liked I would try to keep it lite. I ended up only gaining 25 pounds, and felt awesome! I try to keep salad stuff in the fridge too in case I just could not go with out something to eat. I think that helped a ton too, but I am naturally a salad lover so it wasn't hard to choose to eat it either. I also made it a point to stay active, which I totally was not with my first.

lynn97 02-10-2013 08:22 PM

I think staying active is big. I was fortunate and only gained 26 lbs with DS but I also exercised most days. In the beginning, I ran and later I did yoga, water-walked and walked. I hope to do well this time too. So far so good as I'm still at my pre-pg weight.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

stevensmom 02-10-2013 09:06 PM

I think I gained about 30lbs with ds and about 27lbs with dd

I don't gain anything until well into the 2nd tri

AmberP 02-10-2013 09:53 PM

I am over weight to start with, but I usually gain 40ish which is really hard on my hips. A lot of it winds up being water and I am usually back to my prepregnancy weight in about 2 months. I'm already up about 6lb, but I gained part of that before I knew I was pregnant and the only thing I wanted to eat was veggies and dip and donuts lmao.

I'm really no help at all LOL Sorry.

3 ladybugs 02-11-2013 06:26 AM

I proudly gained 50 lbs or so with my son. I hope to gain about the same for with this baby. Last time I was checked (about a month ago) I was up 5 lbs! :yay: I don't care if I gain 100 lbs as long as the doctor isn't worried, I am not either! I was at my son's pre-pregnancy weight when I got pregnant so I will lose it again... one day... maybe take a year but a well child is WELL worth it! :D

Yeah I had issues with gaining weight with the triplets so I take all weight as a gift from God at this point! They think that it was my lack of gaining weight that made me loose them... but that is just a guess at this point.

Tris 02-11-2013 06:41 AM

I don't eat more, for the most part. You don't need more calories in the first trimester, in the second you only need an extra 100, and the third 300 a day. Try focusing on eating fuller foods rather than fillers/ carbs maybe? I'll probably have to work out this pregnancy because I'm older, but my last two I was not and still only gained 30lbs each, most was gone with 4 weeks post partum.

jaguglia930 02-11-2013 07:25 AM

I think the easiest way for me to keep the weight gain in check drink water all day, even if i peed non stop and exercise as usual for as long as that is possible. Got in the bad habit with dd1 sitting on the couch feeling bad, gained25lbs last trimester!!!!

momto2princesses 02-11-2013 07:29 AM

I agree about staying active. I gained about 25-30 with each of my pregnancies and it was all belly. I was back to my pre-preg weight within a few weeks with both of them. I ran through both of my pregancies until about 35 weeks. I'm actually really looking forward to swimming at the end this time...both of my girls are winter babies, and I find it so much harder to exercise when its chilly outside!