Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What kind of liners keep bad cream off CDs? & eczema cream? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490362)

zeotwoski 02-09-2013 06:50 PM

What kind of liners keep bad cream off CDs? & eczema cream?

My 5 month old has some serious eczema and eucerin is working well...but slowly. We're almost out of the sposies a friend had given us and sposies rub on of the eczema patches at the leg elastic so I really want to get her back in cloth, but don't want to mess with switching creams again because this is working, but not CD safe. Will a regular flushable liner keep that kind of gunk off the dipes? Or if you use a washable liner how do you wash it? With diapers or regular laundry or totally separate--and if separate can it even be in the washing machine or would it build up in there? She doesn't need a stay dry and in fact her soaking wet night sposie diaper:yuck::yuck: actually improves the eczema!

And/Or...any recs on CD safe creams? Coconut oil irritates the flare spots, and so did CJs plus, I'm guessing because it contains CO. I've never used CD creams before so I'm not even aware of what's out there...this is serious eczema so I need something to combat the flares and then likely will need a maintenance moisturizer (which CO might be okay for when there's not red skin, I'll try when that happens).
Thanks for any help!

UVASahm 02-09-2013 07:12 PM

Re: What kind of liners keep bad cream off CDs? & eczema cream?

You don't need to use a liner if you prefolds or flats on hand. Just use the regular non cd safe cream and wash the heck out of the prefolds.

dvrgrl38 02-09-2013 07:28 PM

I use fleece liners just cut up pieces of fleece, not sure how to wash, it probably makes sense to wash them separately.... so the cream doesn't mix in with the diapers.... hope someone else chimes in...

zeotwoski 02-09-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UVASahm (Post 16270292)
You don't need to use a liner if you prefolds or flats on hand. Just use the regular non cd safe cream and wash the heck out of the prefolds.

Oooo I like the sound of this! I had actually thought about doing this but figured I'd need to strip every time I wash...but maybe not unless I actually develop repelling problems? I actually only use flats and prefolds currently anyway, maybe I'll stick with the flats and hope they wash fine. It's just eucerin and some hydrocortisone so it's not like desitin or something, I guess I'm just chicken about trying it, but "hearing" someone suggest it is enough to convince me it's worth a shot! Thank you!!!

Thinking about trying lanolin as well.

RockinLou 02-09-2013 07:58 PM

When I'm using a super yucky cream, or Eucerin on DS's psoriasis, I use a fleece liner with a flushable liner on top. I have never stripped my diapers and done this with both kids, but I do use the full recommended amount of detergent every time I wash!

If you're following outdated advice about using 1/4 the amount of detergent you have a lot more to worry about, but a good detergent will get Eucering out of a piece of fleece and rinse it away in the wash rather than depositing it on the diapers.

zeotwoski 02-10-2013 02:09 PM

Oh yeah my detergent situation is a whole other issue...but one I don't want to mess with until this eczema flare is under control (and it's sooo close!). Then I want to try some new detergent in case the tide is the actual offender.