Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Having tubes tied (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490370)

airmans_angel 02-09-2013 06:22 PM

Having tubes tied

What was your experience? Did you have it done right after birth? How old were you? how many kids?

we are done after this baby and i am going to get my tubes tied. and im looking for experience.

ifyousaygo 02-09-2013 06:25 PM

Re: Having tubes tied

Subbing. I have the same questions, so thanks for asking. :)

Ainmemphis 02-09-2013 06:49 PM

I just had mine done with my last csection about 10 days ago. So far my recovery has been the same as my previous csection. No long term experience yet.

airmans_angel 02-09-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainmemphis (Post 16270447)
I just had mine done with my last csection about 10 days ago. So far my recovery has been the same as my previous csection. No long term experience yet.

I am going to ask the forbidden question: how many babies and how old are you?

I'm worried that they will try to talk me out of it because we only have two babies (boy and a girl) and i will be 23.

marliah 02-09-2013 07:22 PM

Please, please research post tubal ligation syndrome and know the risks. Breaking our bodies can lead to serious problems.

mom2jirms 02-09-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainmemphis (Post 16270447)

Same here except mine was done 4 years ago. I havent had a side affects or anything unusual.

Ainmemphis 02-10-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airmans_angel (Post 16270531)

I am going to ask the forbidden question: how many babies and how old are you?

I'm worried that they will try to talk me out of it because we only have two babies (boy and a girl) and i will be 23.

I am 30 and only have 2 babies. My dr didn't exactly try to talk me out of it but he did always remind me that it's permanent anytime it was brought up (including 3 times in the or) he said it was a decision not to be made when pregnant. Dh and I discussed how our family would be long before I was pregnant with #2. We strongly felt that 2 would be it. I knew I would have to have another csection so I suggested getting the tubal as it would require no extra surgery. I have tried every form of BC and hate it. Immediately after my iud removal I got pregnant (less than a month) it really made me realize how fertile I was (pg first try with ds as well) and we didn't want a surprise baby in the future. I explained all this to my dr and he said as long as I was more than 100% sure.
It really is not a decision to be made lightly if I would have had a single second thought I wouldn't have done it.

airmans_angel 02-10-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainmemphis (Post 16271396)
I am 30 and only have 2 babies. My dr didn't exactly try to talk me out of it but he did always remind me that it's permanent anytime it was brought up (including 3 times in the or) he said it was a decision not to be made when pregnant. Dh and I discussed how our family would be long before I was pregnant with #2. We strongly felt that 2 would be it. I knew I would have to have another csection so I suggested getting the tubal as it would require no extra surgery. I have tried every form of BC and hate it. Immediately after my iud removal I got pregnant (less than a month) it really made me realize how fertile I was (pg first try with ds as well) and we didn't want a surprise baby in the future. I explained all this to my dr and he said as long as I was more than 100% sure.
It really is not a decision to be made lightly if I would have had a single second thought I wouldn't have done it.

Thats the same boat we are in. WE talked about it before, and after andy we decided we didnt want anymore and then in June/July we figured we wanted another baby to try for our girl and we agreed after this one we were done because as you and your husband felt we feel the same this is it, there is no more after adalynn is born.

TwinKristi 02-10-2013 02:25 PM

I was 31, had 6 kids and had it done around 10wks PP. it would have been closer to 6wks but I had to have my gallbladder removed at 7wks and they made me wait 4wks between laparoscopic surgeries. I almost did it after #5 but so glad I didn't. It was an easy recovery compared to my gallbladder removal. The biggest issue I had was they damaged my uvula during intubation and I couldn't eat much for 5 days and was worried about my milk supply. The actual surgery recovery was very easy.

crunchymamaNY 02-10-2013 02:28 PM

We are pregnant with our fifth, he's 35, I'm 34 (will be 35 at delivery) and he just had his vasectomy this week.
They didn't know DH and I are expecting our 5th, and they were telling him, make sure to get the samples in because you don't wanna accidently get pregnant with a 5th, do you?