Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Help! At a loss... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490392)

hjohnson22 02-09-2013 07:57 PM

Help! At a loss...

So...we are going to have baby #3 this June. I feel like Im ready to be done and 3 is enough but hubby is thinking we might want more down the road.
I dont know what a good option would be for BC, I originally wanted to do something permanent but since he doesnt know if we should have more I cant do that anymore.
Anytime I've taken birth control...Patch or pills...I have gotten dizzy and light headed often. Plus I honestly have a huge fear of gaining weight (please dont judge, Im a healthy size normally...5'7 125lbs) I just dont want to have that issue because of birth control.
After I had my DD I got the copper IUD and it caused so much pain. My period was crazy heavy, I would have it for 2 weeks straight, off a week, and be on it again for another 2 weeks. So that didnt work. NFP doesnt work because we dont like using condoms and I dont trust us enough to use them everytime Im ovulating and it's too hard to abstain during those times.
Any other ideas???
Thanks!

firemommaof1 02-09-2013 08:26 PM

Re: Help! At a loss...

I would look into the mirena IUD. It is low dose hormone and you get shorter lighter periods. Lasts 5 years so you have time to think about more later.

ajoymess 02-10-2013 09:15 PM

I wish there was a magic solution too! I've never been on any hormonal BC, and don't plan on it. Currently we use condoms (and WD sometimes, eh, not the best idea, I know). I haven't had a PPAF yet, but I will probably go back to FAM when my cycles regulate (with condoms during fertile times). I HATE condoms though, DH doesn't care at all, but I still feel its the best solution right now. I have been thinking about the paraguard, and then I see stories like yours and think maybe not (along with other reasons). Whats left? Diaphragms? There not as effective as condoms though, and still have to remember to use them. UGH, it just sucks. I hear they are trying to develop a non-permanent vasectomy in India, hope it works out!

mommycass 02-15-2013 10:24 AM

I just started poking around this forum ( my youngest is 2wks now). Op you sound just like me! My Dh feels he is done(we have 4) having babies but I'm not to the point where I feel 100%"done". I won't take anything hormonal anymore (tried pills and the patch). I've had the Mirena before for 2 years and hated it. My cycles were crazy unpredictable. 2wks of bleeding and cramps with leg pain then nothing for 2 months, then 2 AFs in a month:banghead: I took it out when we decided to try for #3.
I've thought about NFP but hear so many oops stories or ovulating twice in a month out of nowhere, etc... Dh and I hate condoms and I don't want to have to fool with a diaphram.
I'm feeling more like giving in to my Dh getting a Vasectomy. We have used withdrawel successfully many times but I know thats not to smart.
Hopefully others can weigh in some more!

Kyleemade3 02-16-2013 01:28 PM

I had Mirena. I didn't like it. I was trying to loose weight and my weight wouldn't budge for the 5 months of dieting. That is my main reason why I didn't like it but also I would feel false flutters and worried that I might have been pregnant. I looked it up to see if that was possible to become pregnant with the mirena and turns out many women seem to find themselves pregnant and have a high risk pregnancy or they end up miscarrying. Another issue some women have had would be the mirena would embed itself to the uterus.