Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Twins? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490462)

UVASahm 02-10-2013 08:08 AM

Twins?

Hi ladies! So back story is that I got my bfp this month! Woot. First time using opks but I had two days in a row of pos opks. 2 weeks ago Sunday and Monday. We dtd Saturday and Monday morning.

My first cousin has two sets of fraternal twins so they obviously run in my fam. I one baby boy who is 12 months. Took another hpt today at 14 dpo and it was SUPER dark. Like darker than the control line! Was NOT LIKE that last pregnancy.

So, my question is what are the chances that there are two baby beans in there? Ladies that had twin pregnancies, did you use opks? What were they like? What did your hpt look like?

I'm hoping this eases my fears instead of fuels them. Two babies would be an absolute blessing but I am a little scared as well...

songbird516 02-10-2013 09:27 AM

Re: Twins?

I had a very dark line at 14 DPO...with just one baby. I'm interested in seeing what others say. My mom had two sets of identical twins, but those don't even run in families. I still was asked constantly if I was having twins, though!

UVASahm 02-10-2013 09:30 AM

Well that's good to hear! I'm also anxiously awaiting what others say

mibarra 02-10-2013 10:16 AM

My lightest positive was twins. My darkest were 1 baby. It's hard to tell.

thekuligs 02-10-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 16271842)
My lightest positive was twins. My darkest were 1 baby. It's hard to tell.

Mine too! I thought for sure I had to have gotten my dates off, but I didn't.

JennTheMomma 02-10-2013 11:21 AM

The color of the line has nothing to do with how many babies are in there. I've had dark and faint lines, I only have singletons.

Your cousin having 2 sets of twins is probably because she has hyperovulation, meaning, when she ovulates she releases more than one egg at a time. Giving her a higher chance than normal for fraternal twins. That doesn't mean it runs in the family though. If there were more family members who have twins then there is likely a gene that does run in the family. But 1 person with 2 sets is likely a fluke than anything.

Nickel+3 02-10-2013 11:37 AM

I had 3 or more days of crazy positive opks. I only had three tests so I don't know if they would have been positive for longer. I got a positive hpt 8 days after my first opk. I have that twin feeling too. We'll see...

UVASahm 02-10-2013 11:47 AM

We shall see!!! I would be happy either way but im pretty sure my dh would faint!

c&w's mama 02-10-2013 12:08 PM

just saw this! congratulations!! (wish I could join you :))

(and saw the birthday picture- love it!)

Tris 02-10-2013 12:13 PM

Hyper ovulation runs on the female side, so if your mum, or your grandma on your moms side has it, chances are you do too. Dads side doesn't count, and cousins don't count :)
Hcg levels are what makes the line darker, and they can be high or low with twins so its not a sign of twins :) congrats on your pregnancy!