Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   How many kids in a bed? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490615)

elizabeth.scalf 02-10-2013 08:11 PM

How many kids in a bed?

Dh got me thinking tonight. Currently we have a four year old and a two year old in a queen bed. They started sleeping together when younger one was about 18 months. In another year, when ydd is able to move up, can a 5 year old , 3 year old and a toddler fit on a queen? We have plenty of extra beds if/when kids need to separate or when they fall asleep at different times, but I know how much my older two enjoy sleeping together and want to offer that to my youngest by letting her sleep with her two older sisters. Any thoughts about age/number of kids in one bed? Fwiw, the two older kids fit and sleep well with either parent in the bed, so there's technically still room.

christi2705 02-10-2013 08:18 PM

DD8 and DD5 have bunk beds but share the twin bottom bunk by choice. They seem squished to me but they love sharing :).

We are moving to our new house in a few weeks and I'm going to get them a queen to share. My guess is though that they will still be sleeping all tangled up in each other, lol!

erin_c_odonnell 02-10-2013 08:47 PM

Re: How many kids in a bed?

While young- sure! At times we put our 6 yr old, 5 yr old and 3 yr olds in the queen together (like when we have guests etc) otherwise the 3 yr old sleeps on the trundle but 3 in a bed does work IMO at least till their a little older.

raymark 02-10-2013 09:19 PM

Our twins shared a crib for 5 months & have slept more soundly in separate beds ever since.

Lisathena 02-10-2013 10:36 PM

My 9yo, almost 5yp and almost 3yo share a full (sideways) all the time. They do this on wknds only . Other than that my 9yo and 3yo dd's share that bed until we get another bunk bed :)

Art mama 02-10-2013 10:39 PM

I share a queen with a big 6 year old and a 9 month old :/

3Munchkins1togrow 02-11-2013 09:32 AM

My children have their "own" beds, but they have all piled in 1 bed together for years. My boys have a twin/full bunk bed, my girls have a queen, and the baby is still in the crib. The older 3 have all woken up and gone to the full bed at night together for probably 2 years now. Sometimes they go to the queen it just depends. They are 7,5,and 4. We don't stop them, they go to sleep in their own beds, they just wake up to potty, get a drink, or a bad dream and migrate from there. Some nights the older 3 still come to our bed, which is also a queen. It's a tight squeeze with 5 in there. For the longest time I told dh we need a king size bed and he always said "no, it's fine, they will sleep in their own beds soon." Now he is pushing for the king and says "I really don't mind how long they sleep with us, they wont be in our bed forever." :wub:

jemanly02 02-11-2013 09:54 AM

I'm positive they would all fit just fine. In my house, a 33 yr old, a 30 yr old, and a 13 month old all share a queen sized bed. And we are by no means small people! :giggle2:

abunchoflemons 02-11-2013 10:30 AM

my bro & i shared full for a while.

Amberlde 02-11-2013 10:56 AM

My 5yodd and 3yodd have bunks, twin on top and full on bottom.. They only sleep in their own beds when they get in trouble (its a punishment) otherwise they want to share the full bed..