Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I have to brag about DD2's swimming (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490646)

ajane 02-10-2013 09:07 PM

I have to brag about DD2's swimming

Our sweet little Lily first entered a pool at 6 weeks old and now at 6 years old just finished the swim year of her life (hopefully, only at this point ;) ).

She has smashed team records and culminated the season with her 2 most phenomenal swims. She swam the 25 yard free style in an amazing time of 18.89 breaking the current team record of 21.18. She also swam the 25 butterfly in an incredible time of 22.55 smashing the current record of 27.13.

Her other team records she broke or set this season (her time is first and old team record is 2nd):

25 back: 22.61 / 25.55
50 free: 47.05 / 48.12
50 back: 55.49 / 57.87
50 fly: 1:01.44 / no previous record
100 free: 1:51.89 / no previous record

Dh and I are just SO, SO, SO proud of her. She cried when I wouldn't let her do summer swim team at the age of 3. She won most improved swimmer award on the summer swim team at age of 4 when she started the season in the 1st heat and moved up heats throughout the year. She became the first 5 year old on the year round swim team and blew people away when she swam. And, then this at age 6. She is such an amazing and sweet child. Lily....we :wub: you SO much and are SO proud of you! :cheerleader2:

mommabritt 02-10-2013 09:23 PM

Awesome! You are sure a proud mama!

Nanner99 02-11-2013 06:50 AM

Re: I have to brag about DD2's swimming

:mrgreen: I love swim team. My oldest has been doing it for several years, and this summer i plan to put at least my will-be 7 yr old in.
My youngest learned to swim underwater (all on her own) this past summer, at almost-3 yrs old so I am hoping she will follow in her older sister's footsteps and do swim team. Your daughter is doing AMAZING at that age!!! You should def be proud.

escapethevillage 02-11-2013 08:30 AM

I love swimming! I'm so happy to see kids with a love of swimming.

I was actually surprised (because I live under a rock I guess) that you have swimming pools in Ohio. LMBO. I assume they are indoor pools?

Geckmumto3 02-11-2013 10:35 AM

YAY!! Go, Lily!!! :thumbsup:

My DD is a swimmer, too. So good for them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by escapethevillage (Post 16274921)

I was actually surprised (because I live under a rock I guess) that you have swimming pools in Ohio. LMBO. I assume they are indoor pools?

This made me :giggle2:

Kiliki 02-11-2013 11:52 AM

WOW! Awesome!

I bet you're proud! Sounds like she's working hard at something she loves! :thumbsup:

ajane 02-11-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanner99 (Post 16274628)
:mrgreen: I love swim team. My oldest has been doing it for several years, and this summer i plan to put at least my will-be 7 yr old in.
My youngest learned to swim underwater (all on her own) this past summer, at almost-3 yrs old so I am hoping she will follow in her older sister's footsteps and do swim team. Your daughter is doing AMAZING at that age!!! You should def be proud.

All of my kids seem to be fish. I didn't think dd3 was, b/c she didn't learn to swim on her own until almost 4 (which is super late for my other 3, lol) but she went from wanting to only be on the steps one day to swimming all over the pool the next. I chalk it up to her personality though. She was the one who wouldn't take ANY steps at all and one day at 19 months old she got up and walked about 20 steps and that was it. :giggle2:

I'm glad to hear from other swim parents b/c it is hard to know what times are/should be for certain ages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by escapethevillage (Post 16274921)

Yes, we love swimming here. I grew up on water (either a pool or on a lake....from Michigan ;) ) so my kids enjoying water was important for me. I just didn't realize how much they would all like it, lol. We literally spend our summer in water. :giggle: During the short course season (Sept. - Feb.) they are all indoor pools and actually long course season (April - July) for the year round is also. But, our summer club is outdoors. The first week of practice can be a bit nippy and sometimes we will have 1 cold swim meet, but we were pretty lucky last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geckmumto3 (Post 16275542)
YAY!! Go, Lily!!! :thumbsup:

My DD is a swimmer, too. So good for them!

:yay: That is great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiliki (Post 16275941)
WOW! Awesome!

I bet you're proud! Sounds like she's working hard at something she loves! :thumbsup:

Thanks, yes...she is a determined little girl. I remember at our old house when we had a pool that her older sister threw a toy in the deep end thinking she wouldn't be able to get it when she was 18 months old. Ella must have realized that Lily was still going for it by the look on her face and started to swim to get it, but Lily jumped right in and swam after it and got there first. :giggle2: