Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   seriously, only a cloth diapering stay at home mama's dilema ;) (stash??) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490675)

Earthy Momma 02-11-2013 01:33 AM

seriously, only a cloth diapering stay at home mama's dilema ;) (stash??)

ok... well this is a question refering to my stash... i have, or have on the way.. what should be pretty much the last of what i will need untill the next size..except random accesories i might need (like i want to try boingos!)

sorry i am tired so this is probably guna jump around lol

24 GMD brown edge organic cotton prefolds
24 GMD large UB flats
24 ME large organic cotton sandys
24 GMD large organic cotton doublers
12 ME large organic cotton sandys doublers
4 dozen ME organic cotton terry wipes

wet bags of course, snappis, and some pins...
i also have about a dozen woolies... i want to sell a few on FSOT along with other things, and get some new (to me!) wool, i seriously i cant imagine ever having enough wool and i wish i had tons more!

ok so one thing....will this be enough diapers to wash every 2-3 days and ALWAYS hang dry???
also i keep throwing around the idea of buying a few bummis SWW just incase im being lazy on lanolizing my wool..i know that sounds ridiculous for how much i have... sometimes if DS wears PUL all day he gets a little red though... so im not sure if i should bother buying a few of these or just buy another wool cover :headscratch:

sorry i guess i didnt really need to tell u about my whole stash but i havent been able to tell anyone (anyone on DS who actually cares!! my fam. thinks im nuts!) who might appreciate it... i am proud of my self for finally getting my stash to a good spot, and im tired of destashing and restashing i think i have finally gotten a grip on reality and im convinced i dont need to try every kind of diaper..only every kind of wool lol
sorry rambling over ;)

ljeanbeans 02-11-2013 01:49 AM

Re: seriously, only a cloth diapering stay at home mama's dilema ;) (stash??)

You're just diapering one child, right? Cute picture of your kids! I have fewer things than you and I manage to always hang dry with one kid. I used to have enough for a week, and now I realized that I don't really. I bought used lots and used them for a year and wore them out. Now I may have to throw them away, but I'm trying to see if someone else would like them for free or something. I need more stuff. But, yeah, can't try everything. I just tell myself now that if I think I might like it I should by one used and see.
You like the Sandy's? I have prefolds too, and only about 6 good fitted (I'd have to count) that fit right now. I like fitted better.

tomandkara 02-11-2013 02:28 AM

It's a good feeling to feel satisfied with your stash! How long does it take your things to dry when you hang them?

You should be fine on the wool, just wash in batches instead of all at once. We only use wool at night but I go months between washing/lanolizing.

starbeam 02-11-2013 03:17 AM

if your LO gets red from PUL but you want some easy to wash covers, i recommend trying fleece or gpants

Jen's_4 02-11-2013 07:09 AM

That looks like plenty to only line dry.

Pixi6s 02-11-2013 10:20 AM

For one child you have plenty. If you have dozen or more wool I think you should be fine on covers too. Just make sure all 12 don't need to be washed as once... that would be pretty lazy-- don't covers easily go 3- 4 days or longer between needing to be washed?

Best thing is try it out and see what happens.

FernHollow 02-11-2013 10:38 AM

Yes, 6 dozen diapers is PLENTY even for hanging dry ;)

marliah 02-11-2013 12:27 PM

Looks good. Nice stash too :) we really like our organic sandies.

kirst 02-11-2013 12:36 PM

That looks like a good amount because there should always be some dry (you have enough to have extras so no sense of laundry desperation! LOL). I think the BUmmis pants are actually laminated nylon, so might be more breathable than PUL....but you should be able to squeak by with just 2 of them as they would like airdry in the time between changes if you just washed in the sink. I used to have a Bummis original cover and it airdried in 20 min from soaking wet.

Earthy Momma 02-11-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirst (Post 16276147)
That looks like a good amount because there should always be some dry (you have enough to have extras so no sense of laundry desperation! LOL). I think the BUmmis pants are actually laminated nylon, so might be more breathable than PUL....but you should be able to squeak by with just 2 of them as they would like airdry in the time between changes if you just washed in the sink. I used to have a Bummis original cover and it airdried in 20 min from soaking wet.

i was wondering what those SWW were made out of i prefer the feel of those over the sticky PUL! i was wondering if those would be 'ok'