Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Craft Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Getting Rid of Craft Stuff? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490678)

LittleLifeSize 02-11-2013 03:42 AM

Getting Rid of Craft Stuff?

I have become less and less crafty over the years as life has taken hold and my space has become limited. I used to do a lot of paper crafts. But with moving every year for the last 3 years, I have come to see my craft stuff as a hassle to take with me everywhere but I have been apprehensive about getting rid of it because I spent so much money investing. I literally have 4- 20gal bins of fancy paper, cutters, accessories and accents for scrapbooking and paper crafts.

What are good outlets to get rid of it all without just freecycling it and taking the hit? I think if I haven't touched it in 4 years, I probably never will again so I would like to just sell or trade it in somewhere.

RachelFlores 02-11-2013 06:16 AM

Re: Getting Rid of Craft Stuff?

Since it is very heavy, I would try your local Craigslist first, you could try selling on ebay for local pick up only OR if you are willing to ship, you could list stuff that way on ebay or here on FSOT. You might even look for a local scrapbooking store and see if they might let you put an ad on a board there (some craft stores have these). From what I have seen, don't expect to get even half your money back, you are going to take a serious loss, but hopefully you will get something back.

LittleLifeSize 02-11-2013 11:38 AM

Great, thanks or the advice. I would like to get just a few dollars back. I have some nice expensive things that hopefully are worth something.

Rdesonia 02-11-2013 11:56 AM

Order some regional flat rate boxes and some large flat rate board game boxes. (They are free at ehe USPS website) If items are heavy that is the best bet. You can also list in the craft section of the FSOT here if you get a sellers badge)

Kaylacherie88 02-11-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdesonia
Order some regional flat rate boxes and some large flat rate board game boxes. (They are free at ehe USPS website) If items are heavy that is the best bet. You can also list in the craft section of the FSOT here if you get a sellers badge)

Never knew this! What help!!

forbes246 02-15-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdesonia (Post 16275960)

Yes, these boxes are great. They will be deliveried right to your door.