Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   I HATE when I want something that doesn't exist! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490796)

Bentley'sMomma 02-11-2013 12:32 PM

I HATE when I want something that doesn't exist!

DD has a RAW butt. Fine when she went to bed, screaming in pain when she woke up. I'm not worried about it, but it got me thinking...

I want a disposable fitted! :lostit: Like a gdiaper disposable insert that can be fastened. Or like a regular sposie but without the plastic on the outside.

When LO's get a bad rash, I keep them naked as much as possible. But I do have to put them in something sometimes. When I do, I SLATHER the butt paste on. I usually opt to use disposable inserts in a flip cover as DD is sensitive to fleece and I don't even want to ruin my wipes/tshirts etc to make liners and the flushie liners are just too rough on an already sensitive bum.

Anyways... So I use a disposable insert but then I need to put a non breathable cover on. It would be awesome if I could put wool over it so she could still breath.

Also, I like to use sposie inserts when we are dealing with yeast etc because I want to make sure she's not getting reinfected by the diapers. Again, another time I'd love to use a sposie fitted with wool. :)

boysniris 02-11-2013 12:47 PM

Re: I HATE when I want something that doesn't exist!

Take a g-diaper disposable insert and place it into a fitted shell :) Top with wool. I think as long as the fitted is pretty snug, the insert will stay put!

Tris 02-11-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris (Post 16275907)
Take a g-diaper disposable insert and place it into a fitted shell :) Top with wool. I think as long as the fitted is pretty snug, the insert will stay put!

This is what I was thinking. What is she getting raw from, can you pinpoint it? Something in her diet or a certain material?

Bentley'sMomma 02-11-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris

This is what I was thinking. What is she getting raw from, can you pinpoint it? Something in her diet or a certain material?

Poop. Lol. She's VERY sensitive to poop. Even if I hear her go and immediately change her, she's already red. But right now she's pooping mucus that she's even more sensitive too. I think it must be a tummy bug because she's going every hour and she's usually just a once a day girl.

Bentley'sMomma 02-11-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris

I don't have any fitteds, but I guess I could just lay it in a flat like a doubler and pin it on. Lol. Why didn't I think of that?

Newton 02-11-2013 04:44 PM

Buy some prefolds and then you can keep separate wash and bleach

BabyElephant 02-19-2013 06:35 AM

My youngest is really sensitive to poop as well. Bit of a nightmare if I don't see her do it as the cloth nappies really keep in the smell.

Huxley 02-19-2013 08:42 PM

My mother was talking about when she diapered her younger brother. It was basically a disposible fitted. It needed to be pinned and warn with a cover. Too bad they aren't really in demand anymore.

mozartswannabe 02-21-2013 03:03 PM

I slather coconut oil all over LO before bed and that helps keep his redness at bay. He has pretty sensitive skin too. He currently sleep in PUL and gets about 20 min of naked time with the first 2 changes of the day (I usually get peed on). We are thinking about switching to wool for night time.

kirst 02-22-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boysniris (Post 16275907)

I have done this at times just to get a full nights' sleep with my heavy wetter. They don't move around too much at night, so it stays put.

If you use a Natracare maxi pad inside a hemp fitted under wool, then there's no plastic except for the small adhesive strip. At least it keeps the cream off of the diaper.