Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Thinking about training pants... Help? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490910)

MichelleKiley 02-11-2013 04:20 PM

Thinking about training pants... Help?

Baby girl is 8 months and only semi-EC'd. Buuuut, I'm feeling interested in cloth training pants for daytime at home. I want something that pulls on and off. Mostly because she hates diaper changes so much! And she has been battling yeast for months (ok, we). She likes "going" on the potty, though, so I want it to be easy on and off.
So, what's out there? I haven't even started looking. Feel free to overload me with information. ;)

Reagansmama 02-11-2013 07:48 PM

Re: Thinking about training pants... Help?

I love my imse vimse...but how big is she? I think the smallest they get is like 16 lbs or something.

MichelleKiley 02-11-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reagansmama
I love my imse vimse...but how big is she? I think the smallest they get is like 16 lbs or something.

She's about 17 pounds. Thanks. :)

shortcake2386 02-11-2013 08:07 PM

i make custom trainers, EC undies and such. i have an xs that fit my kids as small as 12lbs

Mom2jandb 02-11-2013 08:36 PM

I love using garanimals sweat pants on my 9mo DD, and you cant beat the price!

MtnHarmony 02-17-2013 01:15 PM

We used gerbers. I didn't use the waterproof ones, and I sewed in some extra hemp/cotton for some absorbancy. We also tried Bright bots but I didn't like those for us. I liked some EC pants I had but the lady doesn't make them anymore. I would try other EC pants as those were our fav. but pricier. We had some waterprood ones and some not. Both were nice, but I found we needed to be coverless or use wool due to infection issues - fleece and PUL created too much heat rash, etc. I also used the smallest undies I could find in the store and shrunk them as best as I could in boiling water, etc.... then sewed some hemp/cotton inside. These were our other favs as they were cheap, had Loads of elastic in the waist and held most stuff inside. With that said we often went without pants or used homemade fleece split crotch pants under the undies.

azureskies 02-18-2013 05:30 PM

I used Flip Trainers for my daughter, but she was already over 20 lbs. I liked that they had the organic cotton soakers because they held a lot but she knew when she was wet. I doubled the soakers up for overnights. It is PUL, but we didn't have problems with breathability. I will say though that she tended to get a little heat/pimple rash in the small of her back where her skin was in contact with the fabric outer of the PUL instead of the organic cotton.

I haven't tried them, but Homestead Emporium has some "Dundies" for training. They are very comfortable looking boy shorts that I think are fleece. For absorbency they have soakers that snap around the crotch like Mama Cloth. I think that would help them breath better. I may check them out.

AndreaOlson 03-14-2013 03:09 AM

I really loved the 18mo Gerber all cotton training pants - you do have to shrink them upon purchase but after that they are pretty easy on and off. You can eventually teach her to "push" them off…and they're large enough to do so willingly. :)

ltlmrs 03-14-2013 12:01 PM

I'm getting a WAHM to make me some pocket underpants into which I can stuff a prefold. You could always do something like that and wear it under a wool soaker.

momEmac 03-22-2013 07:14 AM

I just made some for my DS. I have some that are like the gerber ones for at home, but I wanted something that had enough absorbency for a small accident for when we are out of the house and eventually to wear for nights. I used the Katrina's quick sew soaker pattern. The outside is fleece and I added the extra fleece in the wet zone, and then I used the wet zone pattern to make a soaker out of flannel and sewed it in. It came out really soft and I tested it out last night. It absorbed most of the pee when he went (we are PL in a few weeks once I get all these trainers finished). I just couldn't justify buying trainers at $12 apiece for something small enough for his tiny butt, he's 22lbs and 33" tall and in the 25percentile for weight and has no butt. I haven't sewed anything since I was a kid, probably 20 years ago, and I had no trouble with this pattern. I'm going to end up with about 10 pairs for $20 worth material.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes. :)