Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I need nickname ideas! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490941)

aaiya 02-11-2013 07:38 PM

I need nickname ideas!

I need generic (not name-related) nickname ideas for our girl baby due in March. I'm not a huge fan of princess or cupcake or things like that. But I DO love nicknames for my kids (We already have a Mr. Buster and Miss Toots--however you spell that...it rhymes with um...nothing...it would rhyme with foots if that was the plural of foot) :giggle: Anyway...something that can have a "miss" thrown on the front of it is a bonus.

This baby already has an in-utero nickname...but it would be weird to call her "tummy baby" when she's not a baby or in my tummy any more. :giggle:

Anyway...anybody have any good ideas? What generic nicknames do you call your girls?

Huxley 02-11-2013 07:43 PM

Re: I need nickname ideas!

My poor daughter gets called honey bear by me. I think I mixed up a few generic nicknames while sleep deprived. Her nickname that has stuck is name related, Missy Mae.

milosmama 02-11-2013 07:53 PM

My 8 month old daughter is named Delilah Patricia, and I either call her New baby Deli, Miss Thing, Miss Little, or P-P. I really have to stop calling her P-P though, while it is cute as a baby, no teenager wants to be called p-p.
I am also a huge nickname person, but most of them (some a little odd, as I am told), just come to me organically as I talk w/ my kiddos. I am sure one or two will pop out for you too. I do love the Miss- something though.

stevensmom 02-11-2013 07:54 PM

dd is Monkey Buns
ds is Boo (short for boo boo since he always got hurt when he was little)

I was Chubs :giggle2:

danielle 02-11-2013 07:56 PM

I called my daughter ellie, short for elephant.

sisu 02-11-2013 08:00 PM

My DD is currently 'Chicken Dinner' and DS is 'Eagle Eye', lol. They've each had at least 100 random nicknames already, I don't think you'll have trouble finding one or 36 that suit her once she's here. :)

rchamberlain 02-11-2013 08:02 PM

My 3 are: Bunny, Monkey, Huggybear!

mibarra 02-11-2013 08:08 PM

Ours out Boo boo, Bug, Stinker, and Stinker Boo depending on the day. Also DD1 is "Sissa" because that's how DD2 says "Sister" :)

poohbear1208 02-11-2013 08:42 PM

Beans, pooh bear, punky, pumpkin butt, and bug (short for bug a boo)

jam's mum 02-11-2013 08:58 PM

Mine is Chickpea, Chickadee, Chick or Chicky. Sometimes Chickenpie. And Pickle. And Miss Muffet, Miss Mouse, Missis. Knicker-less [like Nicolas] Wonderbum when she's naked :). Cross Patch when she's angry.

Baba-linky, when we're snuggling.

We called her Herself when she was tiny.

I always liked, in Little Women, when Marmee called Beth "Cricket".