Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Thrush (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490980)

jalbrecht89 02-11-2013 10:19 PM

Thrush

This is our 5-6th time with yeast and thrush. I'm going to cut my sugar and yeast intake. My question to you all is... Does this mean fruits as well? Do I need to cut natural sugars too? Apples, bananas, blueberries, pineapple, etc?

birdinhand 02-12-2013 12:14 AM

Re: Thrush

According to Dr. Newman, fruits can be eaten. http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/y....llbbb7pp.dpbs

I would guess it would be more important to add acidophilus to your diet versus cutting out natural, whole fruits.

thtr4me 02-14-2013 05:11 PM

So sorry you have thrush. It is evil and horrible and I hate it. Can you tell I am in the midst of dealing with it too LOL? Hope that you are able to clear it up for good this time.

Spunkify 02-15-2013 09:18 AM

How are you treating the Thrush infection?

BabyElephant 02-19-2013 06:54 AM

We have had thrush twice - I was going to ask the same question as the PP. You both need to be treated to get rid of the thrush and there are other supplements you can take to help (garlic oil, using coconut oil, probiotics etc).

tracyleigh00 03-21-2013 02:00 PM

What are you doing to treat it?

I have had oversupply issues with DD since birth (9 months) I constantly have engorgement, knots, etc. now I have that wonderful burning sensation after feeding and nipple blisters. From what I have read, this is a sign of a ductile yeast infection. DD has no signs of thrush, just me. I have done repeated block feeding schedules to reduce supply. This helps in the short term but it always comes back... I hate that I am starting to count down to weaning. This is my third child. I want her to naturally wean but I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Any help is welcome!!

lady longs 03-21-2013 11:29 PM

Here is the regimen I am following right now - from Dr Jack Newman - and it nipped it super super fast.

For the nips....(apply after every feeding)

1)APNO creme (must be prescribed by a physician and mixed at an apothocary) about $45
2) Graperuit seed extract (purchased at sprouts ) $11
*follow dr. newman instructions

For the babes mouth...

1) Probiotics powder on my finger - let her suck it 2 x a day
2) Can do gentian violet (though I didn't do this bc it didn't come in time)

For the babes bottom....

Can do a mixture of the grapefruit seed extract

For me to take orally....

1) Grapefruit seed extract supplements (bought at hi health for about $15) - many times a day
2) Probiotics - many times a day
3) Eat raw garlic (dice this up - soak in honey and just swallow without chewing)
4) Echinacea 3 - 4x's a day

For the laundry....
1) GFSE put in the laundry at the rinse cycle (20 drops)

For hygiene...

1) Change breast pads after every feeding
2) Change bra and shirt every day
3) Use towels only once
4) Use burp cloths, etc only once

LOTS of handwashing...

So, I know this is ALOT! But, as I understand it, you have to attack it with FULL force from every angle - treating everything that would be touching your nipples, your bottom area, babies diaper area, and babies mouth. I really think that many of us just partially treat it.

Also, my LC tells me that you HAVE to treat it for a minimum of 14 days AFTER you have no symtoms - to continue to stabilize the yeast.

My LC told me to avoid even fruit for a week or 2 - so I have really been focussing on vegies and protein. Eliminating ALL sugars and dairy.

So far, its working great.

LC told me that for moms that have it recurring, you and the baby should consider daily probiotics for the remainder of the breastfeeding relationship.

Hope that helps...

For more thourough information...see Dr Jack Newmans website.