Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   Anyone live in tiny spaces? I want to see pics! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491024)

momgoddess 02-12-2013 04:00 AM

Anyone live in tiny spaces? I want to see pics!

I am getting ready to move a 4 bedroom house worth of stuff into a tiny one bedroom basement apartment soon. I know I'll need to pick and choose what stays and what is really necessary (I am truly a minimalist, everything has to have it's own place and if it doesn't, it has to go! I can't stand clutter) All of this stuff has been in storage for a few years as I've lived in one room rented in a house, so we are used to small spaces. This is actually going to be quite an upgrade for us and I'm happy to have my things back even if I need to get rid of some. We will be living very frugally like this for a few years to come as I finish school (I'm a single mom).

I'm just wondering if anyone has pics of their super small spaces and how you make it work nicely.

Lanolin 02-12-2013 04:30 PM

Re: Anyone live in tiny spaces? I want to see pics!

:popcorn:

solarbabies 02-12-2013 04:52 PM

We are currently building a 12x24 house :) But....no pics yet since it is just skids on the ground so far haha. It should be interesting though...we have 2 young kids as well.

kannondicarpo 02-12-2013 04:59 PM

We aren't in a "tiny" space but we went from 1400 to about 800 last May and we are now looking to build a 700sq ft yurt.

We are a family of 6. I'm not sure if 700sf counts as tiny but LMK and I'll post pics.

solarbabies 02-12-2013 05:29 PM

I would consider 700 sq ft tiny for a family of 6. We will have 253 sq ft for bathroom, kitchen, dining, living and then 2 separate lofts each 88 sq feet but may or may not have standing space.

monkeymama07 02-12-2013 08:56 PM

My son and I rent a room with no closet does that count as small.

Designsbybequi 02-12-2013 09:07 PM

We are about to move from our 3/2 rental home to share my dads 3/2 house. So it will feel like our family of six will be in a 2/1 since my dad will get 1/1. I'm nervous but we will be saving money and helping each other out. I plan on buying dressers- tall ones to use high space more. A friend of mine with limited space put a sturdy shelf along the entire room near the ceiling and bought lots of baskets. All the baskets are stuffed- great way to utilize all your space. You just need a chair to get to them and possibly label them all really well. Smaller beds may help, loft furniture or beds with storage drawers underneath. Good luck!

2+2macht4 02-13-2013 08:27 AM

I am not sure if I did something wrong but the conversion calculator says we live in 165 square feet. We are 4 people.

2+2macht4 02-13-2013 08:28 AM

yeah wrong calculator we are 4 in 700 feet. Is that small compared to us standards?

tallanvor 02-13-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1 (Post 16283746)
yeah wrong calculator we are 4 in 700 feet. Is that small compared to us standards?

Yeah. I think most families of 4 have at least 1200 sq ft.