Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Happy B2B Pancake Day! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491030)

~whitehologram~ 02-12-2013 06:41 AM

Happy B2B Pancake Day!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1305616431

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

jwjbbrown 02-12-2013 06:49 AM

Re: Happy B2B Pancake Day!

Morning, need to get motivated and moving...1.2.3....go

Washer part should be here today. That is good. We can replace it tonight after my meeting or tomorrow after MH's check up. Then we can spend tomorrow afternoon/evening getting caught up on laundry.

Today's list is daunting....
work, meeting from 2-3:45, meeting from 4-5, meeting from 4:30-6:30....sigh

jacksmommy1 02-12-2013 07:05 AM

:needcoffee:

~whitehologram~ 02-12-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16278965)
Morning, need to get motivated and moving...1.2.3....go

Washer part should be here today. That is good. We can replace it tonight after my meeting or tomorrow after MH's check up. Then we can spend tomorrow afternoon/evening getting caught up on laundry.

Today's list is daunting....
work, meeting from 2-3:45, meeting from 4-5, meeting from 4:30-6:30....sigh

One of those meeting overlaps...How's that going to work?

Your day is just too FULL!

~whitehologram~ 02-12-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgirlsmama (Post 16277523)
Wow, quiet thread. I was outside for half of the day. Made chicken and Alfredo sauce with homemade pasta

You made PASTA? With the KA? Which attachment did you use?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemurmommies (Post 16277575)
Homemade pasta! Wow!

I got a craving after supper, so there is a pan cookie in the oven now. E is getting ready for bed so that he can have pan cookie and then we can tuck him in. I think I want to cook because I finally have my appetite back, if not my sense of taste.

I keep wanting to buy a skillet just to make pan cookie. I haven't yet but my will is getting weak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16277650)
Jerry and MH ended up eating leftovers while I grocery shopped. Now tomorrow night's dinner (potato soup) is simmering on the stove. I will get it all made then Jerry only has to reheat.

So yesterday I got a bunch of new pyrex and threw out all the plastic storage in the house. It was nice to take my food to school in nice clean glass and not eat out of plastic!

Nice. I'm replacing all the storage in the house too slowly. This year we're renovating everything here. The floors...switching rooms around, the bathroom grouting will be done, and the kitchen cupboards will all be replaced...but handmade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown (Post 16277983)
And Jerry had a big bowl of the soup tonight. Silly. He is excited for dinner tomorrow

Good soup is something to be excited about!

redgirlsmama 02-12-2013 08:16 AM

Yum, I think potato soup is coming here soon! Maybe zuppa toscana to use up greens. Ooh with sourdough bread.
We made reservations yesterday to go on a get away to Mpls this weekend, so dang excited. We are staying at a hotel downtown that has a waterpark and is connected to an old train depot that has turned into an ice skating rink. We will take the kids to Mall of America to check out the 2 acre ice castle there and see my friends new baby too! I will probably sneak in a Costco and trader Joes trip too ;)

ruvalokiteshvara 02-12-2013 08:18 AM

Janine, the beauty of the cast iron skillet is that it won't just be for pan cookie. We make pan cookie in ours, we do salmon, steaks, chicken, bacon, basically, anything that can be cooked can be cooked better in cast iron!

redgirlsmama 02-12-2013 08:18 AM

Oh and I made the pasta by hand using Pioneer Woman's recipe. DH gave me no notice and rushed me so it was very "artisanal" :giggle: read fat and chunky

~whitehologram~ 02-12-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara (Post 16279141)
Janine, the beauty of the cast iron skillet is that it won't just be for pan cookie. We make pan cookie in ours, we do salmon, steaks, chicken, bacon, basically, anything that can be cooked can be cooked better in cast iron!

You're not helping Ru! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgirlsmama (Post 16279142)
Oh and I made the pasta by hand using Pioneer Woman's recipe. DH gave me no notice and rushed me so it was very "artisanal" :giggle: read fat and chunky

Oh, well I bet it was still yummy! My MIL makes pasta when she goes to Hungary but it had eggs so Fynn cant eat it.

~whitehologram~ 02-12-2013 08:54 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...57525951_n.jpg