Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What does your 15 month old eat? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491046)

dvansmom 02-12-2013 07:54 AM

What does your 15 month old eat?

My twins have gotten so picky. I need ideas. They seem to want to just play with their food. Things they will eat are carbs. Cereal, crackers, toast and so on

Aubrey<3Gavin 02-12-2013 08:47 AM

I'm lucky that my DD (also 15mo) isn't picky...yet. One trick I do, for me as much a her) is I sneak spinach into everything. Meatballs/meatloaf, pasta sauces, rice dishes, chicken salad. It is my secret weapon because it is one of maybe 3 green veggies I eat.

canadianbakers 02-12-2013 10:25 AM

Re: What does your 15 month old eat?

My kids have all eaten everything we eat by that point. Levi didn't eat yogurt... still doesn't... texture or something :dunno:

I just set out stuff for them at snack/meal times and let them eat what they want. If they get hungry before the next snack/meal, they can always finish what's left from the last - if they are honestly hungry, they will eat. If they're just wanting to munch on what they like, they're not truly hungry, kwim?
Our usual times are: breakfast 8am, snack 10:30am, lunch 12, snack 3:30, supper 5:30/6.

For the older kids this is different - they're expected to eat meals with us, but the same thing applies for snacks. They don't get tons of grazing time, though, they are told to make sure to eat enough at the next meal. But that's a totally different age group/range.

ETA: Never mentioned, but meant to!
I would put out a variety of foods with each meal/snack. Like I said, they can then eat what they like, but if they're really hungry before the next food-time, they can finish whatever is left from the last.
Levi loves a "cold plate" type lunch - cheese, garlic sausage, crackers, apple slices, etc. For snacks we usually do fruit and yogurt or granola bar, something like that.

EmilytheStrange 02-12-2013 02:04 PM

pretty much everything at that point.

but.. just responded to give you a link:
weelicious.com

Brooke789 02-12-2013 05:32 PM

My twins switched to being ridiculously picking at 18M and pretty much started only eating the things you listed. Cheese toast became a staple in our house, but they would eat it with creamed spinach or sauteed mushrooms underneath the cheese. If I make macaroni & cheese I make it with butternut squash. I pretty mcuh just get whatever I can whereever I can. They literally changed their eating habits overnight.

dvansmom 02-12-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooke789
My twins switched to being ridiculously picking at 18M and pretty much started only eating the things you listed. Cheese toast became a staple in our house, but they would eat it with creamed spinach or sauteed mushrooms underneath the cheese. If I make macaroni & cheese I make it with butternut squash. I pretty mcuh just get whatever I can whereever I can. They literally changed their eating habits overnight.

That's what happened here. Julia barely eats anything. I've tried all kinds of things and she throws it in the floor :(