Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Stupid Blankity Blankity Blank Blank AF!!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491049)

happysmileylady 02-12-2013 09:11 AM

Stupid Blankity Blankity Blank Blank AF!!!!

About two days ago, baby boy started having a real problem staying asleep. We were nursing like every two hours overnight, and it was VERY frustrating and exhausting. Well, yesterday when I woke up with the beginnings of a migraine, I figured out why. And sure enough, spotting this morning!

I HATE this stupid witch. Outside of the all of the other stupid symptoms-the migraines, the major cramps that I can already feel starting, the overwhelmed and out of control feeling, the increased anxiety-the supply dip is so massive. It starts two or three days before and lasts like a whole freaking week! And then when you factor in that I have a short cycle, only a little over three weeks this time, which results in this happening so frequently, and it's enough to make me scream!

This month, due to financials, I had to choose between supplements to increase supply, or formula, and I picked the supplements. So I have NO formula in the house, which is fine, but it means we are going to be up every two hours or so all night, and with two other small kids, it becomes almost impossible to function. Baby boy is only just 4 months old today. This is my third cycle since the post partum bleeding ended at 6 weeks.

I was going to pick up some calcium supplements this coming weekend, I thought I had a little more time on that, I didn't have the money for those this week either. For now I have some More Milk Plus Special Blend, that I got using Amazon gift cards I got from swagbucks (instead of buying my breadmaker :crying: ) Some lactation tea that I got from the local vitamin shop on clearance while I was waiting for the amazon order to come in, and lots of pumping.

I am just so frustrated I could scream and throw things (that could be the hormones talking too... ):hairpull:

l_Kimmie_l 02-12-2013 09:22 AM

Re: Stupid Blankity Blankity Blank Blank AF!!!!

I am so sorry AF showed. She also showed up early for me too with my last 3 kids. For some reason she has not come with #4. I am not looking forward to her at all. Hugs!

jes750 02-12-2013 09:55 AM

:hugs: oatmeal does wonders for my supply! Plus it's easily available and cheaper than other supply helpers.

birdinhand 02-12-2013 10:43 AM

That stinks, sorry, Mama! I got my cycles back early too. If you aren't on any hormonal birth control, it often means you have a higher estrogen level.

I agree with the oatmeal, and as much as you can stand it, staying in bed with your baby and letting him have a nurse-fest to help increase your supply that way.

Hope you are feeling better -- how long do your migraines usually last?

lyia81 02-12-2013 11:23 AM

So sorry to hear this. Keep at it...I believe your body can adapt and your baby boy will to. Try to remain calm.

mhschool6 02-12-2013 11:28 AM

I am so sorry mama! All my babies nurse every 2 hours round the clock. Keeping them in my bed is how I have survived. As for the milk supply, just don't supplement with formula at all. Try to relax, and I really think your body will figure this thing out.

happysmileylady 02-12-2013 02:19 PM

Well we are in the hospital. He has lost 3 lbs since his 2 month appointment. Not good.

Van1300 02-12-2013 04:56 PM

Don't beat yourself up! Something else is obviously going on here. Get yourself a hospital grade pump if you can't nurse on demand and pump every two hours. Good luck!

birdinhand 02-12-2013 05:44 PM

Oh no! Sending good vibes. Remember, the first rule is to feed the babym, whatever the baby will eat. The second rule is to protect your supply, so if he has to stay very long, yes like Van said, ask for a hospital-grade pump. Keep us posted. ((((hugs))))

evasimone 02-12-2013 06:04 PM

I am so sorry. I don't have any tips but just offering hugs from a mama that has been struggling too. :hugs: