Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Not happy with Cotton Babies where else should I try? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491117)

ExcitedMamma 02-12-2013 11:21 AM

Not happy with Cotton Babies where else should I try?

As a newbie to cloth who needed to build a stash for my infant I started with a lot from Cotton Babies. I bought the BGEs because of the sale and the Flips. Customer service messed up my order and wasn't helpful about fixing it. My new Flip covers, ordered new not seconds, arrived already unraveling. To say the least I don't think I want to support this company anymore. But I still don't have enough diapers to go without doing laundry everyday so what do you recommend?

I really like TotsBots but is it ok to use these a lot since they are made of polyester? Is cotton better? If its ok does anyone know when they come out with new colors or prints? A lot of them are listed as discontinued now.

I also have Simplex 2.0s in medium and they have a great snap that's easy to use but I worry they're uncomfortable because they're so rough.

rooster2012 02-12-2013 11:36 AM

Definitely call Cotton Babies up. I once had a new flip cover that started falling apart after 2 washes. I emailed them a pic and they sent me a new one right away. I've always had good experiences with them.

nbert921 02-12-2013 11:55 AM

Re: Not happy with Cotton Babies where else should I try?

If you're looking for a new place to shop, try www.happybabycompany.com .

they have fantastic customer service and are diaper experts. tehy certainly can help you decide what diapers are best for your needs.

(i am in no way affiliated with the company. they got me started in cloth and i just feel like they're great!)

abeccarelli 02-12-2013 11:57 AM

First, I would call Cottonbabies up, let them know you're displeased. They are usually really good at making things right. Then, it really all depends on what you like. I would buy one or two of each of the items you think you might like and go from there. I learned the hard way you may not like what you think you will.

I was SURE I would love Sunbaby...eh, they are ok. I was sure I would love pockets...so far the only ones I truly love are my BG 4.0. I like the others ok, but Love my BG. I don't care for flips like everyone else seems to, I prefer my Blueberry covers (I think it is that double gusset), and I LOVE flats and fitteds, but can live without the bulky prefolds.

It is all trial and error IMHO. I have heard good things about Kelly's Closet and Jillian's Drawers (I just can't deal with the name I don't know why).

Art mama 02-12-2013 11:58 AM

I really like Nicki's diapers. I had a disper sprayer from bum genius and online it said to contact cotton babies. It had their name on it

Art mama 02-12-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art mama
I really like Nicki's diapers. I had a disper sprayer from bum genius and online it said to contact cotton babies. It had their name on it

Hit send too soon lol

Anyway it leaked. I contacted cottonbabies and they gave me the the manufactures address to contact them directly. Since it was a bum genius brand I really thought that cottonbabies should have just taken care if it.

Pampered Mama 02-12-2013 12:02 PM

Kissedythemoon.com has excellent customer service!

Tclem75 02-12-2013 12:04 PM

I love kissed by the moon and my sweet pickles. I love Bg but will no longer order from cotton babies because of bad customer service experiances....

greencrunchymama 02-12-2013 12:05 PM

I would definitely contact CB. I like Abby's Lane, My Sweet Pickles, and Kissed by the Moon for shopping!

Tclem75 02-12-2013 12:06 PM

^they both have been having great freebies lately which gave been mega temping...:)