Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   trainers from Wal Mart (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491126)

nbert921 02-12-2013 11:37 AM

trainers from Wal Mart

Has any one used these trasiners? I think they might be Gerber? Not 100% sure. a friend of mine (she does not CD) said she bought these to help her 2 1/2 year old potty train. just wondering if anyone has used these and, if so, what their thoughts are. i'm wanting to start more aggressively PTing my 21 month old and so i need to start getting the things i need.

any other suggestions welcome!

fluffycheeks 02-12-2013 11:40 AM

If they are the gerber ones, they are well made but really won't hold an accident. They are more for when the child pees a couple drops and realizes that they need to hurry to the potty. I like them though, for later on in potty training.

nbert921 02-12-2013 11:48 AM

Re: trainers from Wal Mart

any suggestions on other trainers?

Pixi6s 02-12-2013 11:56 AM

We used the Gerber ones. They are like the other person said, good for catching some of the accident so its not all big of a mess on the floor. I find them pretty quality underwear personally. My son still wears a set though he seldom has accidents. I like the cover elastic waist band which isn't easy to find.

what kind of trainers are you looking for? pocket trainers will hold a full pee if stuffed well. If you goto any diaper shop and look at they list of trainers. How close to undies do you want them to look?

nbert921 02-12-2013 12:00 PM

i'm just really new to PTing. This is my first time doing it with my 21 month dd and i'm open for suggestions. i just don't want something stay dry. i want her to feel wet to help her decide when to go. maybe pocket ones would be good for over night. i'm thinking while she's at my in-laws 2 days a week i'll need a trainer that won't make a mess on their floor.

ursaminor 02-12-2013 12:38 PM

gerber also makes waterproof trainers that are poly batting with a vinyl outer. Those are terrible. The elastic is so harsh on the thighs. The their undies style trainers are great but not waterproof and dont hold much. They work well with Dappi nylon pull-on pants over top, though.

Shaylee 02-12-2013 08:42 PM

I agree that these won't hold a lot but they are so trim and soft they can be doubled up as a nice around the house option.

I will put two pairs on my baby some nights after a bath just to let his skin get a little air. At $7 for a three pack it is a nice, economical option for training at home. I am not training my 12 month old. I just like letting him go coverless every once in a while without the bulk of a fitted.

My best advice if you should decide to buy some, is to wash them any chance you get at first. They will shrink up nicely and fit better after multiple times through the washer and dryer.:goodvibes:

happycat 02-12-2013 09:03 PM

When my son really got into potty learning, and asked to not wear diapers anymore, I first let him run around naked. I think that was really helpful to him learning. He did pee on the floor some, but seemed to quickly learn to "feel" when he needed to go. I then used the Gerber training underwear to help him get used to having clothing on and feeling the need to pee. I explained that he could wear the underwear but really had to practice going pee/poop in the potty. While they don't hold an entire pee, they are great for around the house and my son caught on quick as he didn't want pee running down his legs. I did clean up puddles and change socks, but I plan on using them again when my next baby potty learns. Being naked was great too.

mozartswannabe 02-13-2013 10:21 AM

PaddedTushStats.com has some excellent reviews of cloth trainers! Check there!

babynme8 02-13-2013 11:21 AM

I bought some gerber trainers and added I stripe of PUL down front and two layers of flannel to help hold in the pee a little better.