Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Baby drop... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491147)

Christylkeller 02-12-2013 01:33 PM

Baby drop...

How long after the baby drop did it take for labor to begin? I am pushing 36 weeks and this guy is LOW! I feel so much pressure in my sacrum and it feels like some one is trying to rip my girly parts in half. My co worker told me that she didn't think I would make it much longer because of how much I have dropped already, but I didn't think there was much correlation to that thought. So, what has your experience been? Did you walk around with a bowling ball between your legs for weeks, or did things happen earlier. I am sure the answers will vary greatly, but it will be fun to see how our bodies handle the decent of baby!

sma123 02-12-2013 01:39 PM

I just had #3 yesterday and never dropped... With 1 & 2, it was about 3 wks or so

Christylkeller 02-12-2013 01:54 PM

Re: Baby drop...

Congrats momma!! And that is interesting! I really don't remember with my other 3 pregnancies...

abunchoflemons 02-12-2013 02:14 PM

my sedcond was low whole time & was 2 days late from edd i waas given. my last a boty didnt seem to be long after dropping... i think it depends. how dialated are you?effacedd?

Sworomommy 02-12-2013 02:43 PM

it seemed like FOREVER!!!

knittingk 02-12-2013 02:56 PM

With number one (my only boy) he dropped about 3 weeks before. With my girls they never dropped until labor was far along.

EmilytheStrange 02-12-2013 03:19 PM

DD didn't drop before labor. I thought that was odd, but dropping after dilating seems to be actually common.

A friend of mine walked around with a bowling ball dropped down for weeks.. she was in some pain :(

My friend due in March turns 37 weeks on Thursday and baby is at -3. But, they aren't expecting much.. although she's hurting, so I think she's hoping.

lynn97 02-12-2013 04:32 PM

My DS started to drop about 24 hours before I went into labor (I really felt like he was going to fall out of my behind...it was bizarre and terribly uncomfortable). But he was still pretty high even when I went into labor b/c he was face up. He didn't fully engage until I was at a 9. The benefit was that I delivered him about 2.5 hours later and he looked so perfect, very round head and no newborn look, really. The nurses kept gushing over how amazing he looked for a vaginal delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

sillymama 02-12-2013 04:46 PM

My son (pregnancy #3) was LOW for the last two months. He came on his due date.

amb2j 02-12-2013 05:57 PM

With DS I dropped at 38 weeks and had him at 41 weeks. With this baby, I dropped around 34 weeks and am still pregnant at 37.5 weeks :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum