Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Favorite natural fiber fitted and why (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491163)

MandaMommy2 02-12-2013 12:54 PM

Hi everybody:) I was wondering what everyone's favorite natural fiber fitted and why? My LO has very sensitive skin and cannot tolerate synthetics touching her little bottom. Micro fleece and suede cloth=instant rash at our house:/. Affordability is also a big concern.

Also what else could I try for a stay dry liner that might now bother my little girls sensitive bum?

Thank you!

crunchyNurseMommy 02-12-2013 01:43 PM

For fitteds, I love mother-ease sandy's. I prefer bamboo because it is stretchy but the cotton ones are just as nice. They come in organic cotton which would probably be nice for a sensitive bum.
They also have sandy's stay dry liners that have athletic wicking material as the top layer. It is a polyester fabric but I think it would work. If it didn't work, you could flip it to the other side & have an all cotton booster :)
HTH

MomBecks 02-12-2013 02:25 PM

Re: Favorite natural fiber fitted and why

I love Sandy's and MEOS too :) And you could try silk or wool liners.

Tris 02-12-2013 02:28 PM

I've read about a million good things about GMD workhorses. They are on my list to get so I don't have personal experience yet :)

MandaMommy2 02-12-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris
I've read about a million good things about GMD workhorses. They are on my list to get so I don't have personal experience yet :)

I have a few workhorses and they are nice and really easy to wash. I currently use viva paper towels as liners because they are cheap and easy, but not stay dry obviously.

momma_dna 02-12-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris

Love ours! Great day worthy diapers.they are not mighty worthy for our heavy wetter. We use bamboo fitteds at night.

booty hunter 02-12-2013 02:53 PM

I really love poppy fields! They are more expensive than some but they fit great and wash so well.

Kabuki24 02-12-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdhutier (Post 16281216)
I really love poppy fields! They are more expensive than some but they fit great and wash so well.

Yes... I love them!

RockinLou 02-12-2013 03:13 PM

Pre-fitteds (like workhorse and tinkle traps) and Motherease were never absorbent enough for us to use except in a PUL cover, and I found that fleece or wool helped keep the rash at bay too ... I like Kiwi Pie (have 2 I put on FSOT today!) and some of the WAHM fitteds, and tot bots bamboozled fitteds, but I'm sad they don't come in snaps anymore.

I wish I could love Thirsties, but they have microfiber in them, just a heads up if you are looking for natural fibers, though most fitteds are natural fibers, the thirsties are not.

MandaMommy2 02-12-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy
For fitteds, I love mother-ease sandy's. I prefer bamboo because it is stretchy but the cotton ones are just as nice. They come in organic cotton which would probably be nice for a sensitive bum.
They also have sandy's stay dry liners that have athletic wicking material as the top layer. It is a polyester fabric but I think it would work. If it didn't work, you could flip it to the other side & have an all cotton booster :)
HTH

I'm interested in the Sandys. I don't have any bamboo either so I could try both at once. Do you have any experience with the kissaluvs fitted or contour diapers with hemp. My LO tends to be a super soaker.