Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My 20 month old has her period. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491285)

jam's mum 02-12-2013 07:59 PM

My 20 month old has her period.

My God, the WHINING and the DRAMA. She used to be so sunny and cheerful! It is driving me insane.

She was sick all last week, and I thought it was just that, but she's better now and still throwing herself all over the floor and thrusting out her lower jaw and WAILING.

I'm going to watch YouTube videos of Louis CK talking about his children as soon as she goes to bed.

crunchymamaNY 02-12-2013 08:01 PM

Re: My 20 month old has her period.

If this is something new, and sort of sudden, it could be teething, or she may be sick, or has an allergy to something. You could try giving her a popsicle and tylenol to see if there's a difference.

And your title totally scared me! I actually thought your baby girl started her menstral cycle!!! LOL

Fashionably Green Baby 02-12-2013 08:02 PM

Yep. My youngest is 19 months and we are in the same stage. Fun times

EmilytheStrange 02-12-2013 08:06 PM

it, unfortunately, is like the energizer bunny and lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts

m0mof6 02-12-2013 08:28 PM

The terrible 2s come early. My 18 month is the same way.

Rdesonia 02-12-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY (Post 16282235)
And your title totally scared me! I actually thought your baby girl started her menstral cycle!!! LOL

Me Too!

When they are sick, they get fussy. I would make a nice big bowl of popcorn and have her cuddle on the couch with you for a movie. And yes, I use bribery on hard days!

mibarra 02-12-2013 09:01 PM

18-26 months has been THE WORST so far for my girls...

sandrc 02-13-2013 07:45 AM

my 19 month old is throwing herself on the floor having tantrums and pouting as well.
we just let her throw her fit and ignore it as long as she isn't hurting herself. she'll learn that she won't get the desired attention or object if she keeps doing the undesired actions.

fishingfor5 02-13-2013 09:28 AM

oh my gosh I was just gonna post an SOS thread with this same issue. My 19mo old daughter has done nothing but cry, whine, throw fits, ask to be held ALL THE TIME! I am litterally considering hiding from her as she is making me NUTS!!!. This has come about really badly in the last several weeks. She was sick last week and was SO sweet that it made wish for it to last a little longer. Nothing bad just a cold and fever but she wasn't whiney or cranky. By the end of the day I am just ready for her to go to bed but even that has become a nightmare. It doesn't help that she only wants ME. So when the other dc or dh try to help she screams even more. Lord give me strength. It looks like I am in good company. Sorry ladies.
BTW OP your title made my jaw drop! lol

poohbear1208 02-13-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY

Me too!! Lol. I was thinking those damn hormones in food and products these days! Lol