Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I need to use sour cream... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491341)

DottieHarley 02-13-2013 05:33 AM

I need to use sour cream...

We made fajitas over the weekend and for some reason I bought the "large" tub of sour cream. So, between fajitas, quesadillas, and a baked potato we have used probably 4oz out of a 16 oz container :banghead:
What else can I do with this? DD does not like potatoes (strange child, lol) and DH will not eat stroganoff. I can make chili this weekend but we would only use a couple dollops of sour cream on top.
Any good recipes that call for like 1 cup of sour cream mixed in? Fast/easy, sweet or savory, give me what you've got! I can go to to the grocery so I'm not limited to ingredients on hand.

rchamberlain 02-13-2013 05:38 AM

Re: I need to use sour cream...

Sour cream cookies are wonderful!

http://www.marthastewart.com/902944/mother%E2%80%99s-sour-cream-cookies[/URL]

Or sour cream coffee cake? I am totally not thinking dinner right now because it's too early! LOL!

erin_c_odonnell 02-13-2013 05:42 AM

Gosh we love sour cream here lol. Favs- sour cream mixed with salsa for a chip dip, sour cream mixed with a pack of onion soup mix (dry) for French Onion dip, and my absolute fav- Oreo creme pie :drool: let me find recipe-brb ;)

Recipe: No-Bake Oreo Cream Cheese Pie

All you need:

1 package (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip topping, thawed
25 Oreos, divided
Hershey Chocolate Syrup
1 graham cracker or chocolate Ready Crust

All you need to do:

In a large mixer bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.

Add the sugar and vanilla ….continue beating.

Add the sour cream and continue to beat on low speed until fully incorporated.

Coarsely chop 15 Oreo cookies and fold them into the batter.

Fold the Cool Whip into the batter until it’s evenly distributed.

Pour the batter in the crust and smooth out the top with a spoon to make an even surface.

Drizzle Hershey chocolate syrup over the top.

Coarsely chop 10 Oreo cookies and sprinkle the crumbs over the top.

Invert the plastic lid of the crust and seal….

Refrigerate for several hours before serving….

DottieHarley 02-13-2013 05:51 AM

OMG sour cream coffee cake would be perfect for Sunday breakfast :-)
The oreo cake looks divine... but DH does not like chocolate so I would be "forced" to eat it all... I think it's supposed to be yucky and cold here this weekend, so DD and I will bake on Saturday!

Hungry Caterpillar 02-13-2013 10:41 AM

I just made the Martha Stewart banana bread recipe that calls for sour cream and it's really good! It makes it really moist. It only used half a cup though.

Tris 02-13-2013 10:43 AM

Eat it straight out of the tub?

:)

BabyLuvinMama 02-13-2013 10:44 AM

LOTS of baking uses sour cream to keep the cake or pastry moist and less sweet also Cheesecake its a great addition :) Hope it helps If not mix it with Ranch seasoning pack and you got a Dip for everything

danielle 02-13-2013 11:34 AM

Chicken fricassee. If you google it, you'll get the idea. Basically, chicken bb + mushrooms + stock + sour cream. Soooo good.

mel j 02-13-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16284327)
Eat it straight out of the tub?

:)

:yuck: My LO's did this the other day. They snuck in the fridge and I think they thought it was yogurt. They would definitely eat it plain all the time if we let them!

I think I tried using it for cheesecake before.

eta: I think we were getting the wrong brand. We got a better quality brand and it's delicious.

Geckmumto3 02-13-2013 08:15 PM

Pioneer Woman's pancakes use a cup of sour cream and are deliciously different from normal, every day pancakes.