Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which is your favorite- flip, grovia or softbums? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491504)

ServingHim 02-13-2013 02:19 PM

Which is your favorite- flip, grovia or softbums?

Which do you prefer and why?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum

FernHollow 02-13-2013 02:22 PM

Re: Which is your favorite- flip, grovia or softbums?

You already know what my answer will be :giggle: Flips! I love the gentle leg elastic and they just fit my kids great.

P!nkPepper 02-13-2013 02:29 PM

1) SoftBums - trim, love fleece inner & slide2size toggles, narrow crotch, good quality, made in the USA (shells) gentle
2) Grovia - trim & narrow, hated spraying poop out of the mesh
3) Flips - too wide of crotch for Ds3& hate exposed PUL

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

ServingHim 02-13-2013 02:45 PM

I knew what both you mamas would say!

I really like the fit of flips and the leg elastic but not a fan of exposed PUL. I'm wondering if it will make my LO sweaty in the Texas heat this summer. I'm just thinking plastic vs fabric against the skin.
I also want to move to aplix and am not so sure about bg aplix.
I have a grovia and both types of softbums OTW to try out.

Terra76 02-13-2013 03:49 PM

flip,
grovia,
not a softbums fan

FernHollow 02-13-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ServingHim (Post 16285377)
I knew what both you mamas would say!

I really like the fit of flips and the leg elastic but not a fan of exposed PUL. I'm wondering if it will make my LO sweaty in the Texas heat this summer. I'm just thinking plastic vs fabric against the skin.
I also want to move to aplix and am not so sure about bg aplix.
I have a grovia and both types of softbums OTW to try out.

I do agree with you on the exposed PUL and aplix. I have to say using the new organic daytime flats they stay put and can be folded nice and wide so that PUL is really not touching the skin. I love that snaps stay nice, but honestly I HATE snapping diapers after this many years. I am all about aplix since it goes on like a sposie. As long as I am careful about fastening the laundry tabs on Flips and not drying in the dryer ALL the time, I have had Flips last years.

I actually passed down some to a friend a year ago that were a year old and she has used them exclusively ever since. I think she has 6 or 8 of them? They don't look perfectly new, but they look good enough and work perfectly. That was what actually convinced me to just stick with the aplix Flips. I *almost* got snap Flips and I'm so glad I changed my mind because I would have probably stuck with disposables :blush:

ETA: Not a fan of Grovia or Softbums. Grovia left terrible red marks and we can do the fleece inners from Softbums nor did I think they were that great of quality. If Grovia hadn't left red marks I might have liked them otherwise.

crunchyNurseMommy 02-13-2013 04:29 PM

Grovia first then flip. I don't care for the PUL exposed in flip covers but the elastic is very gentle. Grovia mesh holds pad folded flats really well IMO!
Softbums got stinky for me when we pad folded. Although I like the idea of no rise snaps, super adjustable & good Velcro.
Prefer snap closure for grovia & flip. Grovia aplix is strong but I don't care for the complicated laundry tabs. Flip aplix is marginal.

ServingHim 02-13-2013 04:44 PM

Such great points mamas! I guess I'll know for sure in a few weeks
The Grovia and Softbums are otw (well to my mom's anyway since we are moving)
and once we are settled in a couple of weeks I'll have the flip day inserts to try in all the covers!

I wish I could take bits and pieces from each cover and make my perfect cover!

amandact 02-13-2013 04:59 PM

I've never tried soft bums, but I like grovia over flips. It might be because my daughter was on the smallest rise but she ended up with wicked marks where the fabric folded up when it was snapped. It was clearly a fit issue. Plus the prints are adorable. We don't use them at night though.

Inserts are super expensive but hold up really well so we were able to buy almost all of them on fsot.

Also, I way prefer grovia snaps, aplix can get a bit crinkly and I find their snaps super easy compared to others (bg)

McDMom 02-13-2013 05:05 PM

Soft bums but I don't really love any of the three. The softbums fit is best but not my favorite.