Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Tell me beautiful stories (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491592)

daisy0306 02-13-2013 07:23 PM

Tell me beautiful stories

About your rainbow babies after your loss. How long after your loss did you try again?

I want to try again but am so scared to lose another bean :(

finleyjudemommy 02-13-2013 07:46 PM

We had a stillborn son 10/22/10 and did IVF May of 2012 and just had our rainbow baby 3 weeks ago :-)

threestraycats 02-13-2013 08:23 PM

Re: Tell me beautiful stories

I am due any day with our 5th. I have had 2 losses before this. One after my 1st son & then one directly before this one. Both were "later" at 12-14 weeks.

:hugs: mama. Loss is so heartwrenching.

Mommyto2B2G 02-13-2013 08:31 PM

My recent losses that led to the journey I was on to have this baby were Sept 2010 and May 2011. I thought I'd never have another baby. I lost twins in May and was so heartbroken. I decided we were going to stop trying for a little bit... Then on the day I lost my baby in September (the year before) I got a positive pregnancy test. Something felt off and I tested expecting nothing. I was in shock. We were using protection the whole month before. Now baby is strong and Due May 18th, which will be a week after the first anniversary of the D&C I had to have with my twins. To me she is my little miracle baby and I can't wait to meet her. :wub:

daisy0306 02-14-2013 09:06 AM

Thanks mamas. So sorry for your losses :(

canadianbakers 02-14-2013 09:21 AM

:hugs: mama. I remember feeling that way, like there was no way I could go through another loss, no matter how badly I wanted more babies.

For us, the beautiful part took a while.
Our first m/c was in Dec 08. We m/c'ed again in May and again in July of '09. Then in September we conceived Levi, our first rainbow.
We had another m/c in July '11, and again the next month, Aug '11. Again in September, we conceived Elliana. Sadly, she was stillborn in Feb '12, at 23 weeks.
We were in a state of "limbo", not wanting to ttc again (using condoms, actually), but not wanting to make a permanent decision in the midst of grief. Now we know why we felt that need to wait to make a decision - we were unknowingly waiting for Hiccup.

The thing that got me through the m/c's was reminding myself that I would do anything for my kids that are here with me... and that I feel the same way about all the babies that are meant to be with us, too - I would go through anything for them.

JulieBeth 02-14-2013 10:29 AM

Our first loss was Aug. 2011 and in Dec. 2011, a chemical pregnancy. Shockingly, after the CP I only ovulated a few days later than usual but assumed the timing was off because we only DTD once, 3 days before O. Well, my avatar is our rainbow. I still have to pinch myself that she's here :)

{{hugs}} Good luck mama. I will pray you get your rainbow.

trying4more 02-14-2013 10:47 AM

Pregnancy #3 was an undiagnosed ectopic that ruptured at 11wk.
I had emergency surgery to remove the baby and tube.
It took 7 months to get pregnant again. He is now 3yrs old!!!

yellowitchgrl 02-14-2013 12:04 PM

I had 2 sons, then lost 3 more sons (15wk, 12wk and 15wk) The space between all of them was on me because I needed time to heal. Then we felt like it was time to try again (or rather my husband did, I was very nervous) and I'm 39 wks today, still cooking, but all looks good.

leviandgarettsmom 02-16-2013 08:26 AM

I m/c @ 5 wks Dec. 23, 2011 (NTNP cycle) & we TTC'd 2 cycles later, conceived again & lost that one @ 8 wks Mar. 23, 2012. After that DH wouldn't even consider TTCing. Finally around DS's 2nd b-day (July) I convinced him to at least NTNP & had a chemical Aug. 19, 2012. DH lost his job 5 days later so we officially became TTA at that moment. The day he left for his first out-of-town trip with his new job I got a surprise BFP but totally expected it not to stick...I am 18 wks & everything is looking great so far. :goodvibes: