Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best Swim Diaper? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491613)

indigo152 02-13-2013 09:19 PM

Best Swim Diaper?

We are planning a trip to Florida next month, and will be needing swim diapers to use at a pool. Do any swim diapers actually contain pee? I know disposables don't. Would a diaper cover over a disposable swim diaper hold in pee?

What is the best swim diaper? I would like one with snap openings in case of messy diapers!

Raspberry Kisses 02-13-2013 09:58 PM

Re: Best Swim Diaper?

:popcorn:

ParkersMommy7611 02-13-2013 10:02 PM

No swim diaper holds pee wether its sposie or cloth there only ment to hold the poop. I use fuzzibunz for swim diapers. IMO that's all there good for. I got a couple free for spending so much online and my son pees one time in them and it leaks. So I started using them for the pool.

MomBecks 02-13-2013 10:28 PM

I usually don't put the swim diaper on until we're at the pool. I love Mother-Ease swim diapers. They're super breathable so my DD never got rashy when running around in the heat but they kept in super nasty poo too. And side snaps make for a great fit.

fuzzynoodle 02-14-2013 08:07 AM

Swim diapers are just poop containment only...so wait until you are ready to go for a dip before you put one on, otherwise you WILL get peed on. (Ask me how I know.)

My toddler has been in swimming lessons weekly for a while now, and I have tried ALL the swim diapers. My hands down favorite is a GroVia snap shell. I have one shell that has been relegated to swimming only, and it's so easy to put on and take off. And if there is poop, you down have to pull it down. The leg elastic does a really great job holding solids in...there is no escaping this shell.

My second favorite is the Imse Vimse swim diaper. While it is intended to be a pull up/down, it does have snaps on one leg in case you have a poop situation. It's a good shell.

My least favorite is the Charlie Banana swim diaper. It has an internal lining that balloons up when it gets wet...kind of like how a baggy swimsuit will trap air. It can get my son off balance because of the trapped air.

Many say you can just use a pocket shell as a swim cover, so if you are tight on space, you can do that too. But then you have wet and drippy fleece/microsuede to deal with.

If I were you and you do not have any GroVia covers, get a cheap one off the FS board. As long as the elastics and snaps are good, that is all you need!

indigo152 02-14-2013 08:12 AM

Ok, thanks for the tips and answering my question about pee containment!
I do have Grovia shells, so will pack a few of those :)

Pixi6s 02-14-2013 09:02 AM

We always got bummis swim diaps and liked them. Last year we used a IV swim diaper because it could be pulled up and down they were his "swim undies". That one was also nice, but a bit pricier. Not sure if he ever pooped in a single swim diap though...

I always managed to find the bummis swim diaps for about $10. Similar to a grovia but cheaper.

lady longs 02-14-2013 11:35 AM

I love bummis swim diaper. I got the medium and it fit for 2 summers. Best cloth diapering investment I made.