Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Feeling fat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491619)

lynn97 02-13-2013 11:10 PM

Feeling fat

I have a little bump but I still feel really fat. I just feel all jiggly and soft. I haven't gained any weight yet. Is this normal for this point in pg? I don't remember ever feeling this way with DS. I was in a little better shape when I got pg with him but not drastically better. And I weigh about the same too. Thoughts mamas?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

SewGreenBaby 02-13-2013 11:44 PM

DDC! I'm a couple weeks ahead of you and feel the same way. No weight gain and a smooshy belly. It'll come!

Tris 02-14-2013 08:13 AM

Re: Feeling fat

It's normal :) your uterus is still pretty tucked inside, mine never shows until 20+ weeks, nearly 30 weeks. I have the tiny pooch I've always had, although it usually disappears 3 weeks out of the month it stuck around the whole pregnancy so far, and that's it. I can feel my uterus though, it's growing but it's definitely not big enough to roll out.

3 ladybugs 02-14-2013 09:13 AM

Consider yourself lucky! I have been showing since the stick turned blue. Yes I wish I was joking! I took the HPT the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I was down in Florida visiting my mother and we drove back the next Sunday (Sunday after thanksgiving). For the drive back, I was nauseas, and I had to unbutton my pants because I was already showing!

I can imagine that this must be hard on you if you don't have any other symptoms though. Do you not have ANY other symptoms right now?

stevensmom 02-14-2013 10:34 AM

I haven't gained any weight either. I usually don't the 1st tri.

crunchymamaNY 02-14-2013 11:59 AM

I lost 5lbs, but gained it back...at times, I look pregnant, but mainly, I'm just a fluffy belly jiggling around, looking like bread dough. Yep, it's gross

lynn97 02-14-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY
I lost 5lbs, but gained it back...at times, I look pregnant, but mainly, I'm just a fluffy belly jiggling around, looking like bread dough. Yep, it's gross

Yes!!! But I have a bump. I guess this is just normal for this point. I just remember a little hard belly that grew w/DS. It still feels hard inside (if that makes any sense). I'm glad it isn't just me.

sisu 02-14-2013 05:32 PM

Nothing was as cute for me after my first kid. It's a train wreck now with my third. :laugh: I'm glad it's still cold here, thick clothes smooth it out a little. ;)

dressagemom 02-14-2013 09:02 PM

I told DH that I don't look pregnant, I just look fat. I can't wear any of my clothing properly, because I don't have the belly to fill out maternity, but I have too much belly (flabby fat, oh yay) to fit into normal clothing. I said as much to DH, and being the sweet husband he is, he replied, "Then let's go! I can't wait to go out on a date with my hot fat wife!" He never really minds about my fluffiness, and doesn't seem to mind the extra inches he has to hug.

RainandRedemption 02-18-2013 07:50 PM

My dh doesn't mind either, he's been really encouraging. I've been worrying about it probably too much..... I looked through the pics on my phone today and couldn't believe how skinny I looked 6 weeks ago! My belly has grown so much...