Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Book Pyramid Scheme for fun! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491866)

MIpiccolo44 02-14-2013 10:39 PM

Book Pyramid Scheme for fun!

I'm part of a "book exchange" which my husband has defined as a Pyramid Scheme (although I'm not sure if it counts when you know that's what it is :giggle2:)

Who wants to play with me? I need at least 6 people...

Basically I will send you a letter that has 2 kids names (or maybe an e-mail, it saves postage). You mail 1 book to the kid's name in #1. Then you copy the letter, change the names (add your kid's name) and mail a copy to 6 other people. About 2 weeks later your child would get a bunch of books in the mail (up to 36) if everyone participates...

Anyone interested? I need 6 people...And you know your kids love mail and books right?:goodvibes:

waterisntsomething 02-14-2013 10:47 PM

Re: Book Pyramid Scheme for fun!

A friend tried to get me in on this but my SO said it was a pyramid scheme and threw out this whole rant on how wrong and unethical it is even in something innocent where everyone knows blah blah so I didn't do it. I've gotta pick my battles lol. Good luck though, sounds fun!

MIpiccolo44 02-14-2013 10:52 PM

Right - it totally is. My argument is that you know what you're spending. You're buying ONE book, not anymore, and it benefits kids - and I love getting mail, even when it's not fluffy ;)

waterisntsomething 02-14-2013 11:45 PM

That was my argument too! I still lost somehow. :giggle:

MIpiccolo44 02-15-2013 03:52 PM

So is everyone that concerned that they won't get books back? I guess I thought it would just be fun, but it's been a lot harder than I thought to find people willing to participate. I need 5 more people, I'll feel bad for the kids if I can't get enough people to join =(

Anyone interested?

kaia.aline 02-15-2013 04:33 PM

I've been asked to do this like 10? Times but I dont participate because it is a pyramid scheme. Eventually you will run out of senders (sooner rather than later)

MIpiccolo44 02-15-2013 04:52 PM

Wow 10 times? This is the first time I have heard of it. Guess I'm in the minority - lol

umphreysmommy 02-15-2013 04:57 PM

I have done them before over email with recipes but you don't buy anything for that. I feel like a lot of people wouldn't actually do it.

TinaDeanette 02-15-2013 05:38 PM

I did one with stickers. No one I participated with sent stickers so I won't do anything like that again.

Rhianna'sMommy 02-15-2013 05:57 PM

I've done stuff like this before and we never get stuff back (even though I talk to everyone we send it to to make sure they want to participate). My kids get so bummed that I don't do them anymore.