Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   need some encouragement please. :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491906)

eljube112 02-15-2013 08:29 AM

need some encouragement please. :(

We have decided to jump head first into potty learning.

I have been trying to PL ds2 for almost 2 years. We have success for awhile, then he regresses, wash rinse repeat. He has only pooped on the potty once in those 2 years. :(

DD has been doing amazing at her PL'ing. she's had a tiny regression as of late, so I thought it would be in all of our best interests to get rid of diapers altogether. Up til now she was wearing a diaper for nap and bedtime.

Since we took away her bedtime diaper, ds has also decided that he wants to be diaper free at night. GREAT! except now I'm doing twice as much laundry as I was doing before.

It's only been a few days, I just really need a big hug and maybe a pat on the back and for someone to tell me that this stage won't last forever. I'm so tired of cleaning pee and poo. :headbang:

strongwoman 02-15-2013 10:12 PM

Re: need some encouragement please. :(

Hey mama, I just went through the crazy night time training with my DS2 (2 yo) and I know how tiring the laundry deal is in this stage. It won't last forever; it will just take time for them to adjust. I had to take a break from CDing DS3 (6 months old) so I could take care of the insane amount of laundry that kept piling up. On top of that, we finally decided to get rid of night time dipes with DS1 (3.5 yo) who had been 85% dry during the night and he decided he needed more attention so he started peeing in his bed- argh! Wet blankets, wet sheets, wet clothes, exhausted mama and daddy! I was so so so tired during the day because I was still night nursing DS3, who has also been battling eczema and would wake up because of scratching himself every three hours. It was such a hard time.... But now, two months later, DS1 is dry at night, DS2 just needs to be woken up at 10:30 and 3:00 to pee, and DS3's eczema is slowly getting under control. There WILL be a day when you no longer have "potty brain". We're slowly making it out of the potty pit, and you will too! BIG HUGS mama!

WinterBaby 02-16-2013 11:00 AM

We potty trained DD at 22 months but are still doing diapers for naps and night. She wakes up dry a lot of the time. We have started to take her to pee at 10:30 before we go to bed without really waking her. This helps her go until about 5 am without having to pee. Our DD is a really light sleeper so having to pee wakes her up. So my sleep has been terrible lately. I too tell myself that this will pass. You could also try limiting fluids in the afternoon/evening if you're not already doing this. Hope it gets better soon!

abunchoflemons 02-16-2013 11:46 AM

try using covers pants/ plastic pants to help with messes. was told to by a gal that did lots go without pants in day & should take a day maybe few but only if dry at night

we got rid of drinks before bed. it gets better. i did one kid so far but have 2 more to do yet.

eljube112 02-17-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongwoman (Post 16294625)
Hey mama, I just went through the crazy night time training with my DS2 (2 yo) and I know how tiring the laundry deal is in this stage. It won't last forever; it will just take time for them to adjust. I had to take a break from CDing DS3 (6 months old) so I could take care of the insane amount of laundry that kept piling up. On top of that, we finally decided to get rid of night time dipes with DS1 (3.5 yo) who had been 85% dry during the night and he decided he needed more attention so he started peeing in his bed- argh! Wet blankets, wet sheets, wet clothes, exhausted mama and daddy! I was so so so tired during the day because I was still night nursing DS3, who has also been battling eczema and would wake up because of scratching himself every three hours. It was such a hard time.... But now, two months later, DS1 is dry at night, DS2 just needs to be woken up at 10:30 and 3:00 to pee, and DS3's eczema is slowly getting under control. There WILL be a day when you no longer have "potty brain". We're slowly making it out of the potty pit, and you will too! BIG HUGS mama!

this all sounds too familiar!

a bit of an update, ds2 (3.5, and who is doing terrible at pl'ing during the day) has decided all on his own that he doesn't want a night diaper and is staying dry!! we wake them both at about 11 when we go to bed to pee. DD has often already peed her bed by that point, ds has not and will pee on the potty.

DD is however, pooping on the potty within 15 minutes of getting into bed at night. She is able to get out of bed and do her business without making a mess!! So while she is peeing the bed every night, sometimes multiple times in a night, she is doing better with her pooping, which was proving to be a stumbling block for her up til now.

I'm tempted to put a diaper back on dd after she falls asleep. Bad idea?

strongwoman 02-17-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eljube112 (Post 16299447)
this all sounds too familiar!

a bit of an update, ds2 (3.5, and who is doing terrible at pl'ing during the day) has decided all on his own that he doesn't want a night diaper and is staying dry!! we wake them both at about 11 when we go to bed to pee. DD has often already peed her bed by that point, ds has not and will pee on the potty.

DD is however, pooping on the potty within 15 minutes of getting into bed at night. She is able to get out of bed and do her business without making a mess!! So while she is peeing the bed every night, sometimes multiple times in a night, she is doing better with her pooping, which was proving to be a stumbling block for her up til now.

I'm tempted to put a diaper back on dd after she falls asleep. Bad idea?

YAY! So glad things got better for you :) It took my DS2 about three weeks to get used to night training and we wake him twice. No one can say for sure how long it will take your LO to get into the rhythm of it. We started with 10pm and 2am for night wakings and have gradually switched it to 10:30 and 3:00. We're trying to get it down to one wake up, but that may take awhile :( I'm still night nursing DS3 so sometimes it works out that after I nurse I can take DS2 potty. Anyway, I wouldn't go back to diapers since you've already removed them. I know it's a pain to clean up, but it will get better! Maybe you can lay down a chux pad or a sleeping pad that is heavy enough to stay put in the spot that she sleeps in. No guarantees that it will catch the pee every time, but at least it will relieve you of some laundry.