Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Craigslist annoys me (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491922)

kelpie169 02-15-2013 08:27 AM

Craigslist annoys me

I listed our brand new $400 crib on Craigslist. Listed for $100. It was a gift from someone we never see but they don't like that we cosleep...blah. Anyways, I hate when I get super low ball offers...like $60. Sigh.

~happy2Bamommy~ 02-15-2013 08:32 AM

Re: Craigslist annoys me

Edit your listing to say $100 firm :goodvibes:

shortcake2386 02-15-2013 08:32 AM

:hugs: i posted a huge play yard on CL for $80(less than 1/2 of what i paid a year ago and we never used it) a guy stood me up 3 times, then showed up, complained that he had to drive 2 hours and offered $40. i sent him packing:thumbsup:

My3Fellas 02-15-2013 08:32 AM

Jeez that is too low! We are all looking for good buys but offering 60% of what someone (you) have already generously marked down - especially new! - is insulting. Hope you get a nice buyer soon!

Tris 02-15-2013 08:34 AM

Just put firm. In general it's considered ok to offer what you can pay on Craigslist, unless the seller stated they aren't going lower.

P!nkPepper 02-15-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris (Post 16291741)
Just put firm. In general it's considered ok to offer what you can pay on Craigslist, unless the seller stated they aren't going lower.

This. At least the offered $. I get people telling me why they need it for free including a HUGE sob story. Hello, I'm selling it because I am poor too!

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

FamiLEE 02-15-2013 09:27 AM

Or put taking reasonable but no lowball offers. Craigslist is definitely a place where you get ridiculous offers. You have to be pretty specific with pricing. I have sold a lot of stuff (mostly car parts) online and from my experiences of selling online you will always get at least one person who thinks you will take a huge cut from the pricing. That will happen.
On the other end if I see something that has been posted for a while ill offer them a lower amount. You will be surprised to see what people will take. The biggest thing though is how you word the pricing. I won't offer anybody something ridiculous if they are firm on price.
What I hate most is when you meet up with somebody and you have both agreed upon a price and when they get there they offer you less saying that's all they brought.

amb2j 02-15-2013 09:32 AM

Yeah, low ball offers stink (on cl or anywhere). Its just plain disrespectful in my opinion. Obviously, the seller is trying to do well, and the buyer is trying to get a deal. Cant we both be reasonable and meet in the middle!? If its obvious you are already getting a pretty good deal, its in bad taste to ask for even more of a discount. Just MHO

abunchoflemons 02-15-2013 09:35 AM

i have been on other end too where we agree & seller no show/reply or last minute change mind. gggggrrrr. i feel your pain. nmost of people i sell to though sjhow up.....

Fashionably Green Baby 02-15-2013 09:49 AM

I just constantly get the work at home people (you know, the ones who are trying to convince you that you can make thousands of dollars a month just join their work from home company blah blah blah)

In fact I have a portable washer I need to sell but I am not sure I want to deal with Craigslist.