Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Potty Training (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   SO frustrated!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492029)

crunchyNurseMommy 02-15-2013 03:33 PM

SO frustrated!!!

My son is 2 1/2 & has been pooping in the regular toilet for over 6 months. He will pee if I put him on the potty most of the time. At around 2 he really liked going on the potty so we thought we were close. BUT now he is refusing to go on the potty & refusing his diaper to be changed. He runs away from me, flips out, all the stops for no diaper change!
I put undies & cloth trainers on him but he just pees in them & doesn't tell me. He will stay naked but then there is pee all over my house!
I don't mind him still being in diapers & taking cues for when he is ready.
BUT the crazy man diaper changes have to change! I bribe him with my phone sometimes so he will hold still but that annoys me that is what it takes!
Ideas or suggestions?!

strongwoman 02-15-2013 10:41 PM

Re: SO frustrated!!!

I would ditch the diapers altogether. He KNOWS how to use the potty, he's just choosing not to. Go nakies for a couple of days, increase his fluids (not a crazy amount), rush him to the potty when he starts peeing. Are you watching him like a hawk when you know he needs to go pee? If you sense that "it's time", TELL him it's time to go potty. If he's playing with a toy, tell him to bring the toy or talk to the toy and say "DS needs to go potty, we'll be right back" or something similar. Sometimes taking away the toy if he resists going potty helps. Sounds like your guy is close- keep at it mama!

WinterBaby 02-16-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongwoman (Post 16294738)
I would ditch the diapers altogether. He KNOWS how to use the potty, he's just choosing not to. Go nakies for a couple of days, increase his fluids (not a crazy amount), rush him to the potty when he starts peeing. Are you watching him like a hawk when you know he needs to go pee? If you sense that "it's time", TELL him it's time to go potty. If he's playing with a toy, tell him to bring the toy or talk to the toy and say "DS needs to go potty, we'll be right back" or something similar. Sometimes taking away the toy if he resists going potty helps. Sounds like your guy is close- keep at it mama!

I agree. I swear by Oh Crap Potty Training, which calls for naked time. I rolled up my rug for three weeks when we started! The first three-four days we had a lot of pee everywhere, but then it was just an accident here and there.

Seņora Rita 02-27-2013 07:13 PM

I am dealing with a similar situation. It is all about control. My DD is the same age. She is a NIGHTMARE with PLing right now. She knows how to use the potty. She was trained for 3 months with no accidents (even in public) and then started with the pants peeing all day and even pooping. Involve yourself as little as possible. Do naked time, leave a little potty there and only praise him for going on the potty. Put a diaper on if you/or he get/s tired out. Don't ask him if he has to go. If he starts to pee, put him on but don't say a word. Stay VERY positive. I made the mistake of trying to force the situation and she loves the attention (albiet it negative). GL!

crunchyNurseMommy 03-14-2013 06:20 PM

I have relaxed my craziness a little (& washed ALOT of pee soaked pants & socks) but my son seems to be aware of when he has to go pee now!!!! Yeah!!!

joyfullyliving 03-19-2013 01:55 PM

I also swear by Oh Crap Potty Training if you need some extra help. Congrats that it's going better!

rmahlberg 04-11-2013 09:43 PM

I am having the same problem with my 3 and 1/2 year old DS. I am pregnant with twins, and I desperately need a 6 month break from diapers before the come. We have tried naked time, no diapers, bribes, and what feels like everything else. He is typically accident free at school, but we can't translate to home for some reason. Ugh!

ladiebug2663 04-12-2013 09:31 PM

Ohcrappottytraining saved my life. I am currently potty teaining my dd. it somstress free. The book is instant pdf that you can save and completely worth the money