Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Changing the price...is this OK? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492127)

daydreamr22 02-15-2013 08:00 PM

Changing the price...is this OK?

I was just wondering, is it OK for someone to post items for a certain amount and then increase the price once someone is interested? This just doesn't seem right to me...and then not respond when asked about the orriginal asking price. I really think this should be against DS policy.

abunchoflemons 02-15-2013 08:15 PM

Re: Changing the price...is this OK?

I think it is wrong. only thing I can think of is id other is typo.....

ulawolf 02-15-2013 08:23 PM

I think it could be a typo. That would be my fault.

ulawolf 02-15-2013 08:23 PM

I think it could be a typo. That would be my thought

Fishie Kisses 02-15-2013 08:37 PM

It depends on the situation. If the ad says $10 for a high-end item and then they're asking $100...it's probably a typo. If the ad says $8ppd and then after you contact them they change it to $12ppd, that's not ok (unless, for example, you're in Canada and they're in the US, etc). If it's happening here, PLEASE contact me or another team member. We can access the listing pre-edit to see if they changed the price after you inquired :)

kaia.aline 02-15-2013 08:39 PM

, im not sure why or how it could be a rule, DS isnt walmart. Someone doesn't HAVE to sell you something just because you want it, if a seller wants to change the price because its raining outside they can.

kaia.aline 02-15-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
It depends on the situation. If the ad says $10 for a high-end item and then they're asking $100...it's probably a typo. If the ad says $8ppd and then after you contact them they change it to $12ppd, that's not ok (unless, for example, you're in Canada and they're in the US, etc). If it's happening here, PLEASE contact me or another team member. We can access the listing pre-edit to see if they changed the price after you inquired :)

I guess I was wrong! I think it's kinda a strange rule but since I keep my prices the same for everyone I guess it doesn't effect to me :)

Fishie Kisses 02-15-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaia.aline (Post 16294532)
I guess I was wrong! I think it's kinda a strange rule but since I keep my prices the same for everyone I guess it doesn't effect to me :)

they can charge whatever they want, but trying to sell for higher than they listed it for is not ok. If they raise the price BEFORE someone offers to buy it, great, that's their business. But not after the fact.