Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Australian Penpal (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492159)

rah 02-16-2013 12:05 AM

Australian Penpal

Hi :wave2:
We are a homeschooling family from Australia and my children love receiving letters/pictures in the mail so we have decided it would be fun to have penpals from overseas. I have a 7.5yr old DS and an almost 6year old DD. Please post or pm me if you have similar aged children that may be interested in this. :goodvibes:

omahamama731 02-16-2013 07:47 PM

fun! my oldest is my daughter who is 6. Then I have a 4yr old son & a 2yr old son. We live in Nebraska, USA. I bet she would love a pen pal!

Art mama 02-16-2013 08:52 PM

I bet my dd would love this too. She's almost 7 and we live in Arkansas, USA

rah 02-16-2013 09:55 PM

Re: Australian Penpal

Awesome. I will message you both.
Maybe still looking for a 7-9 year old boy for my son to write to.

painter412 02-16-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rah (Post 16294955)
Hi :wave2:
We are a homeschooling family from Australia and my children love receiving letters/pictures in the mail so we have decided it would be fun to have penpals from overseas. I have a 7.5yr old DS and an almost 6year old DD. Please post or pm me if you have similar aged children that may be interested in this. :goodvibes:

add me to the list!

ashley0929 02-17-2013 10:05 AM

My son will be 7 in April, we would love this!

AVDesigns 02-17-2013 12:12 PM

My son just turned 7 in January. Are you wanting to do snail mail penpals? DS has an online penpal in Germany, but I think a snail mail pal would be fun.

rah 02-18-2013 02:58 AM

Thanks for all the lovely responses. We look forward to writing letters very soon. Sorry to those who responded who I can't commit to write to, I just don't want to over commit my children to too many pen pals at one time :)

R055ANA 02-18-2013 08:07 PM

Hello there everyone!

I remember a few months ago or maybe it was a yr that someone posted a message like this and several others replied. Since the OP wasn't able to take on so many penpals the others started finding other penpals on that same thread.

There is also a yahoo group for homeschooled penpals but I can't remember the exact name at the moment.

Just please, please make sure you follow through because sometimes your child sends out a letter and doesn't get a response. It is SO disappointing.

Best wishes to all of you!

rah 03-02-2013 09:28 PM

Have any of our penpals received their letters yet? I am interested to know how long they take to arrive.