Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who is using sposies till the cord falls off? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1492291)

gingerpeachee 02-16-2013 02:41 PM

Who is using sposies till the cord falls off?

I see so many people love their newborn fluff and they bring it to the hospital. We CD'd joey from 24 hours old. He was 8.5 lbs and we were using GMD NB prefolds and small flats. This time we have my old stash plus a bunch of KL0s. I'm still gonna wait till the cord falls off though, Joey's cord didn't dry out well because the diapers kept covering it up and getting it wet. Our covers had the scoop and everything..... anyone else have this problem?

Sarahknavy 02-16-2013 02:45 PM

We did disposables , it just wasnt worth the extra fuss with everything else going on at the time.

s@hmommy 02-16-2013 02:47 PM

Re: Who is using sposies till the cord falls off?

We are. I bought a bunch of nb diapers but I have tiny lo's so I don't doubt they will fit for a while even if we wait a week or so to start.

stevensmom 02-16-2013 02:49 PM

we used sposies with dd until the cord fell off. I'm hoping to do cloth from the start with this one, but wont be devestated if we don't

canadianbakers 02-16-2013 02:50 PM

We didn't with DS2 or DS3, their stumps dried and came off fine, even with most of the diapers covering it.
If we had troubles with it though I'd probably use disposables for a few days. But I wouldn't like it!

newtocloth2 02-16-2013 02:57 PM

I started cloth at birth with my newbie, and his cord stump fell of at 4-5 days of age. No problems here. I did use diapers with cord snap-downs or cord dips, though.

Jen's_4 02-16-2013 03:59 PM

Are you sure it was the cloth that was causing the cord issue? My aunt's babies are always almost a month old before they loose the cord stump and she uses disposables.

gingerpeachee 02-16-2013 04:06 PM

Yeah, it was December too so he wasn't naked too often. But Gustavo's cord dried up and fell off no wetness no issues.

newcdmommy29 02-16-2013 04:13 PM

We used disposables with dd until she grew into her os diapers. With this baby we have nb diapers but will be concerned with breast feeding before we start cloth.

rverrone11 02-16-2013 10:45 PM

We used cloth from the beginning with DD1, but used disposables with DD2 until her cord stump fell off. The cloth diapers and covers irritated her stump for some reason so we just went with sposies. :( That's only 1 of 2 times that she has ever worn "paper diapers" as she calls them.

I'm planning on using cloth from the beginning with this one, but will use sposies if we must.